Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by wicozani View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry, I've edited my post with respect to my limits. So there's no way to get/install the newer camera-ui to allow DVD and HD resolution recording without having CSSU-Testing? Jeff
You can download .debs and install them via dpkg, though I would not recommend/support that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ South Dakota
Wow, the camera_ui2 really looks nice!

Just a short while ago, I updated from CSSU-S to CSSU-T without difficulties. I first backed everything up, removed my microSD card, and navigated to the CSSU installation page where I then installed CSSU-T through HAM. I recorded a 1280x720 video with my mobile and was able to view it on-screen without problems and run it off my /MyDocs/DCIM/ to my PC via VLC Player.

However, even with PK49 'dsp' profile loaded, both The Art of Flight 720p h.264 (*.mkv) and the Pirates of the Caribbean 2 720p trailer (*.mp4) were unable to even start. I should note that the Art of Flight was able to start under PK49's 'ideal' profile, but was marred by terrible stutters, frame drops/skips, and audio sync difficulties. I also note that the Media Player on the N900 apparently cannot play *.wmv files. Is there an equivalent to VLC Player available for our Maemo platform? Jeff

Last edited by wicozani; 2012-01-27 at 20:11.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by wicozani View Post
Is there an equivalent to VLC Player available for our Maemo platform? Jeff
Actually, VLC is available for the N900, but there's no UI. There is also MPlayer in the standard repositories, which lots of people like.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Regarding the kernel Hz, if it can be proven that we can run at 512Hz (or even 1000Hz) without any loss of battery, then by all means, enable it! Speeding up the kernel timer increases desktop responsiveness (not necessarily performance) - IIRC Con Kolivas did some fact-finding in this area.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ South Dakota
Originally Posted by wicozani;1156687..
I also note that the Media Player on the N900 apparently cannot play *.wmv files... Jeff
Correction. I now have been able to achieve excellent playback of a 30-second 720p *.wmv clip on the N900 using KMPLayer. Jeff

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Actually, VLC is available for the N900, but there's no UI. There is also MPlayer in the standard repositories, which lots of people like.
There is a version 1.1.5 with a GUI floating around as well, but I don't think it is in any repository. It works, but the cpu runs at 100% all the time. No DSP accelleration either. Still, worth having as a backup player.

after i copy paste libgstdsp.so my default maemo OS always go for boot loop is anyone give me the default libgstdsp.so to fix the default maemo os...thank you...

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Originally Posted by ronald122789 View Post
after i copy paste libgstdsp.so my default maemo OS always go for boot loop is anyone give me the default libgstdsp.so to fix the default maemo os...thank you...
read the first post there is a link on how " To remove 720p playback look here" or here is the link

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to g0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
A video recorded in a quite dark room in 720p with N900.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXojQDNlrPk

Not that good picture quality, but the sound is good.
Stay out of dark areas when recording I say.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
A video recorded in a quite dark room in 720p with N900.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXojQDNlrPk

Not that good picture quality, but the sound is good.
Stay out of dark areas when recording I say.
Are you aware that you can focus while recording by half-pressing the camera button?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player