Active Topics

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I'm not encouraging violence but if i was you i'd throw up a fuss and make them give a refurbished device or return it to you in 3 working days...after all they screwed your device so they are liable for it...
The bloody problem is that I live in a God forsaken country that has no Nokia Care. I have to send it in for repair at one of the "authorised care centres". I would love to throw a fuss, but I don't even whether it would help. They can also claim that they don't speak English, and then I would be left with nothing to say.

I'm not encouraging violence but if i was you i'd throw up a fuss and make them give a refurbished device or return it to you in 3 working days...after all they screwed your device so they are liable for it...
Was gonna suggest the same thing

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

As expected, flashing didn't help. So back goes the device tomorrow ... thanks all.

The Following User Says Thank You to rahulthewall For This Useful Post:
I've got similar problem.
When my phone goes to Stand-by screen it won't wake up by double tapping or pushing on/off button. The clock stops after some time and stands still.
I'm able to awoke N9 only by restarting. Even if I turn off Stand-by Mode in Settings it goes the same.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
This could be a bit entrenching but it kinda looks like Nokia messes up things with N9s deliberately...as if they were ordered to totally doom any N9 that randomly shows up in their hands... there are more people complaining about Nokia Care services if N9s hit the place recently...
also, FW-wise, the whole PR1.3 update looks like it eventually brought some stupid bugs instead of some real improvement...though I canīt say my N9 acts weird or anything but reading about some bugs people are encountering makes me a little annoyed...

I've faced this issue and done hell lots of research.
I come out with these conclusions:

1) Tweaks issue: N9tweaks. If you don't have this installed, jump to 2nd conclusion.
2) Software issue: reflashing would solve.
3) Proximity sensor: Take it out and put them back, it works.

Try not to touch the hardware, do step by step, start off with reflashing.
Here's a guide,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dxsT...feature=relmfu
you may jump to 3:43 for how to take out proximity sensor.

All the best for people facing this problem.
PS: if problem still remains, sorry you gotta send them to Nokia Care, proximity sensor could be faulty. Mine was faulty right after they returned my phone, they change them straight away.

The Following User Says Thank You to henry91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Lahore, PK
Work for me, Thanks

in terminal as root:

apt-get install system-ui-screenlock-nokia --reinstall