Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Dear folks,

I was wondering if there's any chance to make an PuTTy-like or any SSH-client app, just like the one for Symbian but with some solid GUI and most importantly, ability to assign particular commands to graphical editable buttons, like play, stop, eject or whatever the user names it..?
Since I was unsuccessful to get hold of some port of iOS/Droid AV remote-over-wifi apps as it seems to be quite a hassle getting it done on N9 without original source codes, but a lot of home cinema devices from various manufacturers are at the same time IP-control enabled with IP commands widely available, it'd be great to have something like this...
I remember having PuTTy on N8 and easily controlling my IP-enabled Pioneer bluray player with it over SSH connection with commands I got from Pioneer...
any opinions are highly appreciated...

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-08-30 at 00:10.

Have you considered adding to /usr/share/meego-terminal/toolbars/ ?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
Dear folks,

I was wondering if there's any chance to make an PuTTy-like or any SSH-client app, just like the one for Symbian but with some solid GUI and most importantly, ability to assign particular commands to graphical editable buttons, like play, stop, eject or whatever the user names it..?
Since I was unsuccessful to get hold of some port of iOS/Droid AV remote-over-wifi apps as it seems to be quite a hassle getting it done on N9 without original source codes, but a lot of home cinema devices from various manufacturers are at the same time IP-control enabled with IP commands widely available, it'd be great to have something like this...
I remember having PuTTy on N8 and easily controlling my IP-enabled Pioneer bluray player with it over SSH connection with commands I got from Pioneer...
any opinions are highly appreciated...
What?

Why do you need a gui, just use the commands through putty.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
a lot of home cinema devices from various manufacturers are at the same time IP-control enabled with IP commands widely available
Hey, BTW, could you provide some links to info on these IP command sets? (I'm wondering if I couldn't shoe-horn some of them into my own remote control app...) Thanks!

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
There was a Maemo 4 port of Putty but it was terribly slow and awkward to use.

Roxterm is so much better.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
You could use fingerterm and add necessary commands to its buttons. Why to use putty when you can just use ssh natively?

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
thanks for all the replies, I totally forgot there's a native SSH client in N9...
but still, typing commands in a terminal in order to control something is not the same thing as having some nice interface with actual buttons, like in those Droid/iOS apps...
I'll try Fingerterm, though...

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-08-30 at 20:10.