Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Thanks! I should have known. I always build just to test updated translations, but there are other options to do that. If anyone else are looking to do the same, here's the commands to build qm file only.

Code:
lconvert -locations relative harbour-pure-maps-[lang-code].po -o harbour-pure-maps-[lang-code].ts
lrelease harbour-pure-maps-[lang-code].ts
For that, you could as well just copy apikeys_dummy.py into apikeys.py and all should work. You will just have to limit yourself to the services without API access (see what's missing in that file).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Bugfix release 1.5.1 is out.

It fixes sharing position bug - sorry for letting it in. In addition, you could also select whether to share via OSM, Google Maps, or both. When testing with an Android phone, "geo:" URL is not parsed and, when pressing on it, a phone dialing is suggested.

Since I already was working on adding public transport support in 1.5.x series, then support for public transit by Valhalla's router made it also into 1.5.1. Stadia Maps seems not to support public transit though. OSM Scout Server will be able to calculate routes when using new Valhalla's datasets that should be available tomorrow. Current support is limited and I will write about it more tomorrow, when you'll be able to test it, in OSM Scout Server thread.

Translations updated as for the state few hours ago. Hopefully, no new bugs were introduced. If they were, please let me know - will fix ASAP.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
A desperate plea. I have been trying to assist rinigus in his hunt for the hanging on exit problem. It has gotten to the point where we tried to run Pure Maps in gdb and gather the backtrace. Unfortunately, whatever I do, I keep getting this warning:
Code:
warning: Unable to find libthread_db matching inferior's thread library, thread debugging will not be available.
I tried DuckDuckGoing but all the results I found were either not relevant, or I tried them and they made no difference, or I did not understand them. I tried asking smarter people at my work, but we are an embedded tech house miles away from libthread and no one knew the answer.

My .gdbinit looks like this:
Code:
set logging on
set auto-load safe-path /
set libthread-db-search-path /lib
set env LD_PRELOAD /lib/libthread_db-1.0.so
set env LD_PRELOAD /lib/libpthread-2.19.so
The libthread_db path exists and is the only instance of libthread_db on my system.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Hi guys/gals,

First I'd like to thank rinigus for his awesome apps.

Here's my few notes/obserwations about pure maps.

Addres searching issues:

1) Could results be sorted via reveleance? (inherited from WhoGoMaps):
ie if I search for 6, Antoniewska, Lodz

it finds
6, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6A, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6, Antoniewska, Lodz
6A, Antoniewska, Lodz
6B, Antoniewska, Lodz

Both Zgierz and Lodz are in the same area (Lodzkie voivodeship, and actually these two ccities are next to each other) but search string says exactly i'm looking for address in Lodz not in Zgierz so the most accurate results were shown last.

2) Could navigation starting point/destination search behave like regular address search if there are multiple search results? (inherited from WhoGoMaps):
Now pure maps pick the first results it find (see the issue #1)
Let's say I'm looking for a route to Moscow, it may pick small village about 30Km from Lodz, or Russia capital city. Quite a difference.

3) List of types of POI in searching for POIs along the route show just first dozen of POI types (list contained only items on letters A and B). I had to filter the list using search field to find gas station.

Route finding issues (I have to recheck with PureMaps 1.5 OSM Scout Server 1.12). I'm not really sure they are a PureMaps or OSM ScoutServer issue:

4) Routing in car mode ignores avoid tolls/avoid highway settings. No matter what options I choose it wants me to drive on highways. I did ew attepmts in Poland, one in Romania, it always sticked to to higher class of roads. Issue inherited from WhoGo maps.

5) Routing in motorcycle/motor scooter/bicycle mode fails to find any route.

Who must I bribe to bring ability to import gpx tracks? That;s super useful feature to me. I use it almost every of my motorcycle trips.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Xeno_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Xeno_PL View Post
Who must I bribe to bring ability to import gpx tracks? That;s super useful feature to me. I use it almost every of my motorcycle trips.
If I remember correctly rinigus has already said, that this feature will come in a future update. See https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/29.
I absolutely agree, that this is a super useful feature.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Hi guys/gals,

Addres searching issues:

it finds
6, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6A, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6, Antoniewska, Lodz
6A, Antoniewska, Lodz
6B, Antoniewska, Lodz

Both Zgierz and Lodz are in the same area (Lodzkie voivodeship, and actually these two ccities are next to each other) but search string says exactly i'm looking for address in Lodz not in Zgierz so the most accurate results were shown last.

2) Could navigation starting point/destination search behave like regular address search if there are multiple search results? (inherited from WhoGoMaps):
Let's say I'm looking for a route to Moscow, it may pick small village about 30Km from Lodz, or Russia capital city. Quite a difference.

3) List of types of POI in searching for POIs along the route show just first dozen of POI types (list contained only items on letters A and B). I had to filter the list using search field to find gas station.

Route finding issues (I have to recheck with PureMaps 1.5 OSM Scout Server 1.12). I'm not really sure they are a PureMaps or OSM ScoutServer issue:

4) Routing in car mode ignores avoid tolls/avoid highway settings. No matter what options I choose it wants me to drive on highways. I did ew attepmts in Poland, one in Romania, it always sticked to to higher class of roads. Issue inherited from WhoGo maps.

5) Routing in motorcycle/motor scooter/bicycle mode fails to find any route.

Points #4 and #5 seems to be solved in latest updates, points 1-3 still valid.

Yep, gpx import is one of the goals from WhoGo Maps todo, it would make PureMaps a ultimate nav app. Bribe offer still on the table

Ability to build our own tracks with waypoints similar to how gmap-pedometer ( https://gmap-pedometer.com/ ) does and I owe rinigus a million

Last edited by Xeno_PL; 2018-09-18 at 12:44. Reason: spelling

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xeno_PL For This Useful Post:
Hi guys/gals,

Addres searching issues:

it finds
6, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6A, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6, Antoniewska, Lodz
6A, Antoniewska, Lodz
6B, Antoniewska, Lodz

Well, blame the ones who were bright enough to put Lodz, Lodzkie as a region name. There was a similar case in Russia where the name of a city and region was the same. Spice it up with maybe the most common street name as well, and all became rather fuzzy.

In your case, they both match since Zgierz is within Lodzkie which is matching Lodz via substring match. What you can try to do, is to search for

6, Antoniewska, Lodz, Lodzkie

Let me know if it helped. [BTW, if you use libpostal, you should be able to
search for "Antoniewska 6 Lodz, Lodzkie"]

Try to search for "Moscow Lodzkie". In my understanding, it should search as regular address already

This is to avoid crashing phones with too many type suggestions. Start typing "fuel" and you will get it in no time - way faster than scrolling through 1000s of options.

Me. I have an idea how to implement it, would just need to do that. I have started working on one other issue and it will take a bit of time to figure out how to fix it. After that I can work on GPX, should be rather trivial, if you use OSM Scout.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Thanks for hint it made searching a bit easier, 'tho' I'd still like to have list of results in issue #2. It's really hard to forsee all the ambiguities in search results.

In regard to #3, I understand why it was done that way, but maybe at some point it would be handy to offer some filters/subcategories of POI like finance/vehicles (gas stations service workshops, parking lots etc..)/comercial/historic/health/accommodation and so on...

Any form of gpx import feature is most welcome, even limited to OSM Scout. I'd happily send some regular donations once you sort your donation page out.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Xeno_PL For This Useful Post:
Thanks for hint it made searching a bit easier, 'tho' I'd still like to have list of results in issue #2. It's really hard to forsee all the ambiguities in search results.

In regard to #3, I understand why it was done that way, but maybe at some point it would be handy to offer some filters/subcategories of POI like finance/vehicles (gas stations service workshops, parking lots etc..)/comercial/historic/health/accommodation and so on...

Any form of gpx import feature is most welcome, even limited to OSM Scout. I'd happily send some regular donations once you sort your donation page out.
#2: ok, I see. for now you could search and then use found result as a poi and navigate to it. that way you have a control and better overview.

#3 poi categories can be done. would have to think how to implement it, but, in the end, it would be someone who will have to go through the available list and categorize it. you could look into osm scout server users manual and check out poi type list.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
pureMaps already listed being the best maps solution to SF.
(second page)

https://jollacommunity.it/cerco-app/...30633544921875

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post: