Active Topics

I think mosen is right about the mint status of the device not being of any importance here. Maybe eBay would be a better place, as it seems people there are willing to pay just about anything. If you look up 'Jolla', narrow it down to 'Mobile phones' and then look only at the 'Sold' items, you'll be astonished. A Jolla C sold for 450 euro (four hundred and fifty!) in February, and several Jolla 1 have sold for around 200 euro (including shipping) in used condition.

Either way, the biggest problem is simply the import tax. Even if you were to sell it to me for 100 euro, I would still end up paying some 180 euro total because the customs here really don't like it when people import anything more expensive than 20 euro. They charge at least 30 euro 'customs fees' (I wish I could be paid that well to enter one serial number in a database), then the 21% VAT is calculated on top of the price of the thing I bought, the shipping costs and the customs fees combined. I don't know if the situation is similar in other countries, but I always feel severely ripped off.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Pictures are worth 100 Thanks each

This is not so much a place for collectors so the mint status of the device does not matter 100€ to most people here.
If you really want that price, have some patience and put it to a broader audience.

If you just want quick money, i think around 150€ would be fair here, but given the weeks long offering of Ancelads Jolla sometime back, i think tmo is quite saturated market.

Welcome nevertheless and kind of sorry you hit a rocky start with your offer.
Did you plan to keep it mint to reach some kind of good price or did you just happen to have it laying around for other reasons?
Thanx, for your precious advice mossen.

Here are pictures:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/kleiv2ho/

My friend is working in mobile phone chain-store and found several jolla in stocks unsold, so I got one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Costa1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I think mosen is right about the mint status of the device not being of any importance here. Maybe eBay would be a better place, as it seems people there are willing to pay just about anything. If you look up 'Jolla', narrow it down to 'Mobile phones' and then look only at the 'Sold' items, you'll be astonished. A Jolla C sold for 450 euro (four hundred and fifty!) in February, and several Jolla 1 have sold for around 200 euro (including shipping) in used condition.

Either way, the biggest problem is simply the import tax. Even if you were to sell it to me for 100 euro, I would still end up paying some 180 euro total because the customs here really don't like it when people import anything more expensive than 20 euro. They charge at least 30 euro 'customs fees' (I wish I could be paid that well to enter one serial number in a database), then the 21% VAT is calculated on top of the price of the thing I bought, the shipping costs and the customs fees combined. I don't know if the situation is similar in other countries, but I always feel severely ripped off.
Dear nthn, I think you're right about ebay, I'll definitely do it there.
I've heard about european tax, so I was thinking to use a shipping solution by crowd-shipping, it means when common person goes travelling to another country, he/she could take some parcels or docs, they need to prove ID on site, it cost about 15-20euro.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Costa1 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Costa1 View Post
My friend is working in mobile phone chain-store and found several jolla in stocks unsold, so I got one.
Nice!
And good luck finding the right buyer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Hi,

is this phone still available?

Do you live in Russia?

Jollita

The Following User Says Thank You to jollita For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jollita View Post
Hi,

is this phone still available?

Do you live in Russia?

Jollita
Hi, Jollita

Still available, same condition, totally new, non-used.
I'm in RU, Vladivostok.
email me: 231020082008@rambler.ru

The Following User Says Thank You to Costa1 For This Useful Post: