ok, this is getting easier. instructions for firefox (on your desktop):
type in about:config in the title bar.
right click, select new/string. enter "general.useragent.override" for the preference, and "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-TunX; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448" as the value.
this fools the server into thinking that you're connecting from a palm device.
navigate to http://get.epocrates.com/
click "install now"
save to your location of choice, and move setup.prc to your sd card.
install setup.prc from your sd through garnet.
hth, enjoy.

The Following User Says Thank You to nola mike For This Useful Post:
oh, i tried this from my pc, and it worked. since i had already downloaded this from my ip address (using my palm behind my router), i didn't need to enter any info or do anything else--i'm not sure if the server remembered my ip, or if it really is that easy. somebody lmk.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Okay, knowing me I did something wrong, I've come to expect that from me.

Anyway, I'm getting this following error:
Your device is currently unsupported. Please visit http://www.epocrates.com for information on supported devices.

Here's the screenshot of my computer in case this helps.

Thanks!

this was the full string, looks like you only used the first part:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-TunX; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448

Hi,

Got it work and was able to download the setup.prc file. Thanks for the Firefox code. Any ideas on how to actually get it to install, it gets as far as looking for a memory card not availble. Since Garnet doesn't support a virtual memory card any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks

assuming that you installed setup.prc via garnet "install" command? at some point you have to opt for a memory card or standard install--i don't remember when that is, whether before or after downloading the setup file.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by manni View Post
Hi Bun,

Thanks for the information, but I'm using a Palm Zire which has no wireless connection. If I try the get.epocrates.com website either from a PC or the N800 I just get the browser not supported message. Is the setup.prc file individual for each user? If not could someone send me a copy?

Thanks
No problem. I use AIM. Click on AIM and if you catch me in time, i will send you my copy. I am usually play with computer 7p - 10p EST. Or I can email to you if your email acct takes bin files. Most email acct not.

This applies to anybody wants a copy. The setup.prc is a very very tiny files. I do NOT want to attach here, worry about legal issue.

bun

Hi Guys,

Finally got epocrates working also. I have figured out what the problem was and other users may also be experiencing it.

Firstly setup a new epocrates account if your existing epocrates intallation on your palm is partially stored on a memory card. (This was my problem). When the setup.prc connects to epocrates it gets the information on where to install the files to in my case it was trying to install them to a non existent memory card as on my palm.

Download setup.prc using the above instructions intall setup.prc. Login with username and password. After downloading and installing you will be back at the initial screen this is not an error. When you go back to the list of programs in garnet epocrates icon will be there.

Hope this helps.
Manni

ps now if I can get datebook to sync I can ditch the palm.

The Following User Says Thank You to manni For This Useful Post:
glad you got it working. i now have gpe calendar installed and syncing wirelessly. a few glitches, but since the initial setup it's syncing better than the palm ever did. (i had a lot of issues with overnight appointments). gpe contacts and to dos are also working well. a couple of files, when you try to install them, seem to crash and wipe out the garnet memory:
medrules (boo)
burn.prc

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I selected palm, not Treo, upon registering an acct. I then dl the setup.prc onto my treo650 phone. The setup.prc was then transferred to the N810 and, installed. It is working, epocrates on N810 running on Garnet VM. Thanks,

bun

Tags
garnet, palm