Notices

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
dl from here, http://www.surf.to/metro . It should be ver 5.8.0, get the metro-int.zip

It is a transportation bible from USA to Afghanistan, almost. It has bus, subway, trains, (ferry?) route, direction, schedule, Fee, tourist info, point of interests and a small description about each city!

Works perfect on gvm. Dont like gvm? there is always winCE :-) ah

Once you finished your setup, which takes some effort, click the last icon, an icon like a SD card, it will store your city onto SD, prevent being wipe out from gvm crash.

enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-06-10 at 12:27. Reason: MetrO-Int 5.8.0 is here now! A must for tablet traveller!

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Information from HK is dated 5/26/09, OMG! It also has China, Taiwan, Copenhagan, Japan, ...UK, and even Canada! Hey, qole take a look.
I am reading info from HK, it even give info about buying combo, transportation + disney world, tickets to save $, WOW, a really tourist bible!
HK: airport to Ladies market, 8 stations time about 43 min, even a blind bat will get there with estimated arrival time. Sure, one can get from google, if you are online AND of course, MetrO is totally off line.

Hey, anybody know how to install Big5. I just got some jibberish when using MetrOBig5.prc

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-06-10 at 23:11.

You can also install MetrUp. Available by looking around on the same site. It will update your installed cities/tables over the network if there are updates available (which happens fairly often). It will even upgrade MetrO itself if there's a new version available. In other words, install manually once, upgrade semi-automatically.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Interesting. I just installed the whole package 5.8.0 and the MetrUP, even right after installed and the cities code reflected uptoday, I refleshed it anyway, and some cities still being updated. They are really trying to get as recent as possible. Of course a much requested feature is actually the subway map, and they already turn it down for lack of manpower....bumper. In its present form, it is still the BEST info, offline, in a city of foreign language for my tablet. They have almost ANY languages, and of course they also manage to get english translation. Thank you for a job well done.

bun

Step by step installation:
I know it is a straight forward app, but with 50+ folders and 600+ documents, some instructions still help,

This is for english, all other language should be similar.

1) Got gvm up and running
2) have SD slot is optional, good to have it installed
3) dl the metro-int from thread 1 to desktop, PC or mac
4) extract the whole thing, winzip would be just fine
5) transfer the whole folder to your tablet, /media/mmc2/MetrO
6) inside gvm, install the metro-en.prc, this is your english metro prog
7) go folder en, and pick your city, and install it

Now you are ready to go
It is also good to install MetrUp for automatic update, same link, down the .zip file, extract and install the .prc. Please note that, MetrUp will update your cities whether they are in memory or SD slot. However, MetrUP will NOT update the program itself if the program if in SD slot. You just have to manually do the update, only for the program itself.

enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-06-10 at 23:15.

Yes, this is a great program. I've used it for years on my Palm. I've not had any problems with the accuracy of the info. One bonus is that you can provide your email address and you will then be notified of any updates to the program or transportation data.

I think I'll forget GVM though and leave it on my Palm TX.

The Following User Says Thank You to HowHH For This Useful Post:
Or you can use http://imetro.nanika.net/ for an on-line version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
...Of course a much requested feature is actually the subway map, and they already turn it down for lack of manpower....bumper....Thank you for a job well done.

bun
Used it for a day, I already see the power of including subway map with the program. When we were in Berlin, lcuk somehow magically scanned a subway map into his tablet and it is very very useful during the whole trip. Just scanned subway maps, no programming of whatsoever, and just view it when needed (of course the big guy has his magic liqbase ). The MetrO is a very practical, useful apps, with international collaborators and close to 40+ contributors and translated into 25+ lanaguages, and they cannot entertain the inclusion of maps because of manpower? Ummmm...... just a thought, do not mean to be disrepectful for a job well done

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-06-10 at 13:45.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
They also rejected developing a Maemo version. Also, no source available.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
But see metromap (also in garage).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:

Tags
garnet vm, gvm, metro, palm