Hi, I made a simple wifi scanner using wireless-tools..

If you have developer mode it should automatically download wireless-tools..

Download from here:
https://projects.developer.nokia.com/wifik/downloads/1

please test it and give me feedback, if for some reason it doesn't show your networks try running it from terminal after running develsh

/opt/wifik/bin/wifik

Here's the source if you want it..

http://projects.developer.nokia.com/wifik

Last edited by Iktwo; 2012-02-27 at 00:30.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Iktwo For This Useful Post:
A very good app which fills a hole in the N9 appstore. I couldn't get it to work (no network shown) as I don't have developer mode installed. I'll wait for another release which doesn't require running from terminal.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
A very good app which fills a hole in the N9 appstore. I couldn't get it to work (no network shown) as I don't have developer mode installed. I'll wait for another release which doesn't require running from terminal.
I'm working on that but there's no documentation on how to access wifi networks.. I'll update when I get it.. you don't have developer mode installed? but it downloaded the dependecy (wireless-tools)?

Originally Posted by Iktwo View Post
I'm working on that but there's no documentation on how to access wifi networks.. I'll update when I get it.. you don't have developer mode installed? but it downloaded the dependecy (wireless-tools)?
When i installed the .deb file it prompted me that a dependency of 132kB need to be installed. Not sure if that is the wireless-tools or not but it could not find any network.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Iktwo View Post
wireless-tools is part of the Nokia repository, and package-manager automatically takes care of dependencies.

Make sure to clean up the alignment, and implement the error checking we talked about on #harmattan!

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
wireless-tools is part of the Nokia repository, and package-manager automatically takes care of dependencies.

Make sure to clean up the alignment, and implement the error checking we talked about on #harmattan!
Thanks, I tought wireless-tools was in other repo..

Last edited by Iktwo; 2012-02-26 at 02:07.

Thanks a lot, this was one of the few apps I was missing

If you're thinking of polishing up the UI later, a graph model like in Wifi Analyzer on Android would be awesome:

https://market.android.com/details?i...YW5hbHl6ZXIiXQ..

The Following User Says Thank You to flof For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ 127.0.0.1
Does it show "hidden" networks?

Edit: It doesn't show any network. Even not the ones without a "hidden" SSID. So I uninstalled...

I my N9 16GB Black.
(059J201 RM-696 NDT BENELUX BLACK 16GB)

Last edited by Yeshua; 2012-03-02 at 18:59.

There's a wifi scanning app for Maemo5 which is also pretty good to be used as reference. Unfortunately it has not been ported to Harmattan.
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/wifiinfo/

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
I checked that app, as suggested by a lot of people, but it uses a dbus call that returns an empty reply in harmattan, I don't like my implementation (parsing the output of iwlist) but is what I can give you today, I'll keep trying other options..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iktwo For This Useful Post: