Ok but about Voice, if i want to put setting "french female voice", what can i write in Drive.ini? To save this setting.

Thanks

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
Ok
Revert the file to belong to user:users
Code:
~ $ ls -l .config/Nokia/Drive.ini
-rw-r--r--    1 user     users          853 Aug 22 08:48 .config/Nokia/Drive.ini
And Drive will store again all settings set via UI.

"french female voice", what can i write in Drive.ini?
Code:
[GuidanceSettings]
voiceSkin=2000

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
okay, Drive is free from the Nokia account crap, worked with: ssoDone=true in the ini-File. thx for that!

also i got free from the Nokia Account Stuff after starting/rebooting my phone, worked with:
chmod -x /usr/bin/ovi-startup && /sbin/reboot

but how do i make the normal maps work? app starts, the globe/world appears, a few seconds later im asked for login to my nokia account, i dissmiss, press back, app closes :/

EDIT: i downloaded some maps with mapdownloader from the warehouse, hoping it would fix that too somehow xD, but it didnt

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by IDA447 View Post
but how do i make the normal maps work? app starts, the globe/world appears, a few seconds later im asked for login to my nokia account, i dissmiss, press back, app closes :/
And here you go.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Originally Posted by IDA447 View Post
What about reading? If you can read, you can solve a lot of your problems, also a search Button in the right corner above is for use, not only for looking nice!

Originally Posted by chilango View Post
What about reading? If you can read, you can solve a lot of your problems, also a search Button in the right corner above is for use, not only for looking nice!
relax dude, im reading the **** out of this forum but its not always easy to recognize an answer, and i would be happy over any poster in a forum old like this

@peterleinchen thank you very much <3 worked great

The Following User Says Thank You to IDA447 For This Useful Post:
Yeah but is always the same. When i had this problem, was looking for a solution here in this forum, find this thread and on first or second page also the solution for maps.
But every week an other guy came here with the same question. Sorry but if yuo are use the search function and you didnt find it, its ok to ask.

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by paolo_3_1415926 View Post

Luckily for Nokia Drive users, there is a very simple fix. Just navigate to /home/user/.config/Nokia and write this content to a file named Drive.ini file (should be already there if you have started the app before):

[
What's the best way of editing this file? Did you connect from a computer or do it all on the phone?

for me from computer with ssh

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by drongodrew View Post
What's the best way of editing this file? Did you connect from a computer or do it all on the phone?
Plain and simple: ssh.

I find the default terminal that comes with enabling devel-su to be a drag, but FingerTerm is pretty much do-able. For convenience, however, I'd always choose ssh over our N9's terminal.

Something I never do when I am tinkering on my N900.

Enjoy your revived apps!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post: