Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Austria (no kangaroos over here)
Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
just a heads up. Geeps does not seem to work post pr 1.3 update (at least not on my computer)
Same here. Worked the FIRST time after updating (also fast fix of current position). Now the program starts, but GPS-transmitter doesn't, no location fix. No results found when calculating directions (though it finds correct destination).

CU - M_99

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by M_99 View Post
Same here. Worked the FIRST time after updating (also fast fix of current position). Now the program starts, but GPS-transmitter doesn't, no location fix. No results found when calculating directions (though it finds correct destination).

CU - M_99
I will have a new release out soon. The new release will finally include "google local business search" - it is looking really good

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
This is a great application.

Installation is strange:
I am re-installing after the PR 1.3 update, & a quirk of geeps installation has occurred like the first installation.

If installing via the app manager, the package shown available is "fcrochik geeps", and after installation it never activates gps or budges from the original screen. Changing the update interval or clicking enter has no effect.

However, if it is uninstalled, then installed by using terminal, going root, & using apt-get install geeps, it starts & runs right off the bat.

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I will have a new release out soon. The new release will finally include "google local business search" - it is looking really good
could you please add something in your app networks connection, some way that it could connect via TOR (the onion router). then it will be usable for me and other with limited access. tnx

Last edited by 222; 2010-10-27 at 23:23. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by 222 View Post
could you please add something in your app networks connection, some way that it could connect via TOR (the onion router). then it will be usable for me and other with limited access. tnx
Do you know of any other software for maemo that supports TOR connections? If you can give me an example of one (preferably created using Qt) I can study what is needed.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Austria (no kangaroos over here)
What I found:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/tor/
http://www.torproject.org/docs/N900.html.en

CU - M_99

Last edited by M_99; 2010-10-28 at 01:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_99 For This Useful Post:
New Version on extras-devel - 0.0.11

Main changes:
  • Google local business search
  • better directions window
  • finger scroll (instead of screen buttons)
  • new "keyboard" shortcuts (shift+left/right=prev/next step on route; shift+up/down: loop trough different routes when alternative routes is selected on directions window)

What I plan to do next (it may take a while before I have a chance):
  • add window with "business information" (address, phone, web site)
  • add buttons for all the functions that you can use the keyboard for
  • add directions on the screen

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Hey,
Thanx! How long before it shows available to me. I tried to get it and it didn't show up in FAPMAN.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Looking good, thanks for the update!

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Not showing up for me for some reason.