Hey guys, I have Gmail set up and I send and receive just fine. But when I receive an attachment I don't know if I can't view it or it's just not a feature.

How do I get the attachment to display or download? There seems to be no option for me to download or even view but the email does say there is an attachment. It is a picture.

-Sent from my Nokia N900

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
This is off topic but why use mail software when you can use gmail in browser?

imap4, pop3, nokia mail, exchange?

I have it set up as using the wizard (imap) and can see images, attachments etc...no probs.

there are also some settings in the message like 'display images' if that helps

i did the gmail wizard. its just more convenient and integrated. this thread isnt about why im not using the browser though.

does anyone kno how to make an attachment show or download to view?

thanks in advanced.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
I think you have to tap the attachment and it will say downloading and when it's finish it will have an picture icon by the attachment. Yeah took me a min to figure that out too

where do i tap it? on the inbox menu where it shows the icon? or in the individual message? regardless i tapped both and still no luck.. can u offer anymore ideas or possibly give me tips on what to do to rule out all other options?

thanks

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Tap the attachment it self. Like if someone send you a pic named dog you see the attachment as dog above the email subject tap the screen where the attachment is at and a yellow bar should drop down saying downloading. Note if its an large file give it a min to download. Or try updating the email in the menu

ironically the message is black and where it says

"attachment: "

there is no attachment listed and the message is black. should i continue to wait

i meant to say blank not black, any suggestions to trouble shoot?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
Exo: I am having the exact same problem. On my desktop (Mail app on a Mac) it shows a MS Word document that is attached to a particular message. When I look on my N900 it says nothing about an attachment, however the message details reveals a size that means that the attachment is in fact there.

Is there some MIME mapping not happening? Is this a bug? This was happening before PR1.0.1 and PR1.1.

Tags
attachment, attachments, e-mail, e-mail attachments, email, email attachments, fremantle, gmail, gmail attachments, google mail, maemo, maemo 5, modest