Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Kelogz123 View Post
Can it have player2 option like gngeo??.. Thanks☺
I wonder if multiplayer is even supported in cps2emu (via keyboard)? In the current version of cps2emu the keyconfig for a potential second player cannot be altered.

thanks.. i really wanted to play mvsc with my friends,, but i guess neogeo games will do...

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have seen a strange problem.

Suddenly I'm unable to enter the key config screen any more, whenever I press in key def buttons nothing happens. I can, however, edit the .cps2emu.cfg file and the keys can be changed manually.

I have tried to remove .cps2-gui.cfg file, it should be like reinstalling the application, but again I'm not able to reassign keys through GUI.

I have also a feature request (I hope it's not too much asking ).

The cps2emu binary doesn't recognise some non US keys so, in my case with the Spanish keyboard, I can't use '.' and 'ç' which are needed for Game Gripper.

So every time I want to launch a cps2 game I have to manually change the keyboard layout to US in order to use those keys as KEY-LEFT and KEY_UP.

As I imagine that wou could not fix that in the cps2emu itself, would it be possible to add an option in the GUI to change to US keyboard layout at start and return to original keyboard layout at exit?

Thanks!

Ivgalvez,

About the key definition:
The key def submenu has it save button in the left upper corner. You are using that button? Maybe it is a bit confusing to have a separate save button, I may go back to one savebutton, but code technically it was most easy at the time.

About cps2emu:
I am actually working on cps2emu, to counter the mute issue I am experiencing, and reimplementing the keyconfig. The latter is because I do not have the source code of that addition, and I want to add some more configurable options. Perhaps I can look at your issue with the spanish keyboard also.
Unfortunately things do not turn out to be as easy as I hoped, so it may take a while if ever fixed

Hi Ade, I think I haven't explained the issue with the key def properly.

From the config screen, pressing in the key def button, does nothing, the screen for keyboard configuration never appears, it worked the first time, but not after that. In gng-gui it works properly and it's mostly the same.

Regarding cps2emu, it's great news that you are working to reimplement the keyboard redefinition feature as it will give you more chances to improve it (combos?).

Could you try in xterminal:
Code:
python /opt/cps2-gui/cps2-gui.py
Then try the keyconf button and see if any error messages appear on the terminal?

Hi Ade, tx for your cps2-gui
But I have a strange problem with it
I have all roms and cache on SD
So I wanted to make the path for SD
But when I press "pathsdef" button, it doesn't let me make the path for SD because the "UpLevel" arrow is always grey and I can only choose the path in internal memory (home floder).
Could you help me?
Tx

Originally Posted by ade View Post
Could you try in xterminal:
Code:
python /opt/cps2-gui/cps2-gui.py
Then try the keyconf button and see if any error messages appear on the terminal?
These are the traces:

Code:
QWidget::setLayout: Attempting to set QLayout "" on ConfigWindow "", which already has a layout
Error calling slot "on_keys_clicked" 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/cps2-gui/cps2-gui.py", line 404, in on_keys_clicked
    widget = keyWindow(self)
  File "/opt/cps2-gui/cps2-gui.py", line 567, in __init__
    self.P1Autofire1Value = QLineEdit(AUTOFIRE1)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'AUTOFIRE1' referenced before assignment

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
These are the traces:

Code:
QWidget::setLayout: Attempting to set QLayout "" on ConfigWindow "", which already has a layout
Error calling slot "on_keys_clicked" 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/cps2-gui/cps2-gui.py", line 404, in on_keys_clicked
    widget = keyWindow(self)
  File "/opt/cps2-gui/cps2-gui.py", line 567, in __init__
    self.P1Autofire1Value = QLineEdit(AUTOFIRE1)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'AUTOFIRE1' referenced before assignment
It gives the impression not all keys are present in the key config file /home/user/.cps2emu/keyconfig.cfg. It should contain 15 entries. Could you show the content of your file here? It seems you are missing the last 3 entries (see also http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=182)

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: