Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Austria
Hi folks!

My N810 hangs at start/boot process, then starts again, it does not get past the Nokia "hands in hands" screen, one cannot even turn it off by pressing the power key for long time.

So I would like to reflash the device, but on the page, where I have to give the product ID code (WLAN code? beneath the battery..) it says that my product ID is invalid. So I cannot download the OS for my N810.

My product ID is:
WLAN: 001D6E98D597, I guess that should be the right one?!

Model: N810
Type: RX-44

Is there any other possibility to get the latest OS?

Or any way to reset the device with some key combinations?

Originally Posted by beckerbalazs View Post
My product ID is:
WLAN: 001D6E98D597, I guess that should be the right one?!
That 8 should be a B.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Austria
Aha!!! Thanks for your help, I will try!

Balazs

well mine is frozen on the password unlock screen because the last owner never restored the nokia to factory settings. now i cant log in and i cant flash the thing to do a factory reset.
my WLAN IS: 001FDF000949
N810
RX-48
i dont eve care about the data anymore. and i have searched ever site and found nothing to fix my issue. can anyone help me with my issue? my product id also comes up invalid

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Washington State
Originally Posted by storymaster19 View Post
well mine is frozen on the password unlock screen because the last owner never restored the nokia to factory settings. now i cant log in and i cant flash the thing to do a factory reset.
Y'know, it would almost just be easier for those of us with the whole setup and know-how to charge some nominal amount and offer the service of clearing any lock code and/or flashing the device to the last great Maemo release. You'd mail one of us the device, and Paypal us, say, $10 plus whatever it cost you to send the box (so we get $10 plus money to cover the return mailing). I guess people who've been burned with Paypal disputes might recommend a postal money order instead. But you get the basic idea.

Anyway, it's clear there needs to be an easier way to recover devices than doing the death march of USB, flash images, flash utilities, supported OS for the utility, blah blah blah. Make sense to anybody else?