Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
@dubliner and @pichlo, thanks!

@dubliner, many of the proposed features are already filed as issues at GitHub. As for blocking a road for routing, I guess its mainly a question on how to indicate that - waypoints, figure out how to get road id, and such. Not sure about it at the moment.

Re directions on roundabouts & zoom. Will have to think about it when we get to dynamic zoom implementation.

Re transliteration (ö -> o). If someone knows a good library for it in python, let me know.

@pichlo: I am finishing with the first round of support for Linux/X11 via QtQuickControls 2. It will probably take few days before I will merge it into the master branch, few QML files are still pointing to Silica in qtcontrols platform subfolder. But its progressing nicely, so we could work on desktop while developing Pure Maps . Then we can look into your patch as well.

Do you have it somewhere at GitHub? So, I could see what was changed?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
@pichlo: [...] Do you have it somewhere at GitHub? So, I could see what was changed?
I've been resisting GitHub so far but I guess I will have to give in at some point. The patch is not a complete set of changes, it is abridged. Let me see what I can do. Either GitHub, if I succumb to the devil or I can email you my local Git repo.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@pichlo - out of curiosity, what's wrong with github? Looks like its made for developing things together...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@pichlo - out of curiosity, what's wrong with github?
Nothing, just my laziness.

https://github.com/pichlo/rinigus-pu...2269837f485f16

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Nothing, just my laziness.

https://github.com/pichlo/rinigus-pu...2269837f485f16
From brief look, I like it. It simplifies many things, drops the shields, among others. You also removed having a map under the navigation blocks (map is a bit visible under them due to transparency), maybe its time to make such change taking into account the low transparency used now.

I will finish my work on desktop port first and then will look into these changes. Expect probably 2-3 weeks before I can look into it properly (have some other things I have to do outside of software development as well).

Thanks again!

PS: Mapbox key sneaked into the code, would have to remove it at some point

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
Re transliteration (ö -> o). If someone knows a good library for it in python, let me know.
Check Unidecode.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to briest For This Useful Post:
Hi,

i have an Xperia X with 2.2.1.18 and wanted to install the OSM Scout Server and Pure Maps. I've installed the server.

I've tried installing Pure Maps from Storeman, it failed. Then i've tried installing from the terminal (downloaded from OpenRepos) 'harbour-pure-maps-1.7.1-1.noarch.rpm'. Installing this fails and tells me that mapboxgl-qml >=1.3.1 is required. So i try to install it and this in turn tells me that it requires libQt5Location.so.5.

This is where i am stuck. Did anyone have this issue as well and might help out?

Thanks, cheers
typ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to typ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by typ View Post
Hi,

i have an Xperia X with 2.2.1.18 and wanted to install the OSM Scout Server and Pure Maps. I've installed the server.

I've tried installing Pure Maps from Storeman, it failed. Then i've tried installing from the terminal (downloaded from OpenRepos) 'harbour-pure-maps-1.7.1-1.noarch.rpm'. Installing this fails and tells me that mapboxgl-qml >=1.3.1 is required. So i try to install it and this in turn tells me that it requires libQt5Location.so.5.

This is where i am stuck. Did anyone have this issue as well and might help out?

Thanks, cheers
typ
have you tried?
Code:
pkcon refresh

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
atlochowski, thanks a lot, this did the trick

Cheers
typ

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to typ For This Useful Post:
The first rewrite is done and merged with the master. As a result, Pure Maps runs on SFOS and Linux desktop (Qt Controls 2; 5.9 and 5.11). Should open a door for Nemo, Plasma, and others. Just will have to polish the code (desktop is sufficiently ugly here and there) and document.

For those who tried, how is @pichlo's patch?

As for plans, I'll look into packaging Pure Maps and its dependencies for desktop.
Attached Images

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: