Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ torino - italia
yess! finally it seems to work. First I did what anders_gud says but I got just an unuseful desktop icon. Then what you say but x-term asked me try this:
apt-get -f install (without pakage name)
I did not understand cause I m a newbye but now I can finally start to do tons of spreadsheet! thanks maemo community. see you.

Originally Posted by davide View Post
yess! finally it seems to work. First I did what anders_gud says but I got just an unuseful desktop icon. Then what you say but x-term asked me try this:
apt-get -f install (without pakage name)
I did not understand cause I m a newbye but now I can finally start to do tons of spreadsheet! thanks maemo community. see you.
I was having trouble installing as well and then I tried this and it worked as well! what the heck is this magical command?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
I had som problems getting this to work.
I just flashed my device to ensure nothing else was making troubles.

I started with installing
libart-2.0-2
libpcre3

With no problems

Then ran:
dpkg -i libgoffice-0-6-common_0.6.3-2_all.deb
dpkg -i libgoffice-0-6_0.6.3-2_armel.deb

I ran into depenency problems with this, so I hade to run:
apt-get install libgsf-1
Then run the last:
dpkg -i gnumeric_1.8.3-5maemo1_armel.deb

But Now it seems to work. atleast the program start up!

I have now tested this app and it seem to work just fine.
One thing that bugs me is that if I browse to a file in the filemanager I get a question which program to open the file with. If I choose gnumeric the application starts, but with a new blank workbook.

I have tried to edit /etc/gnome/defaults.list to open xls and xlsx files with gnumeric as default, but that did nothing ( still get the question which program to open with, and still blank workbook)

Most of all I would like to beable to put a *.xlsx file on one of the desktop, and when clicked gnumeric would fire up and open the workbook.

what to do?

Hiya,

I've not really installed much from x-term, and I think some of these dependancies are in devel? I'm not installing from devel yet.

Could someone package this so it can go into the normal repositories?

Thanks!

Nicola

Originally Posted by Djonma View Post
Hiya,

I've not really installed much from x-term, and I think some of these dependancies are in devel? I'm not installing from devel yet.

Could someone package this so it can go into the normal repositories?

Thanks!

Nicola
Anyone able to do this?

Cheers.

When putting data into a cell and then want to move to next cell i hit enter, but to be able to type in the cell I have to tap the input field.
Is there some way to change this behavior? I would like to be able to type in the cell as soon its marked without tapping the input field

need help. everytime i open gnumeric, it loads standard toolbar and object toolbar by default. It kills the whole space. I want so when gnumeric starts, it doesnt load any toolbars. how can i achieve this?

HI
Anybody know how to do a search or find command?
When I do FIND from the menu or CTRL-F I get this error message:

Last edited by oved_etzot; 2010-06-12 at 23:15. Reason: Typo

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
... it loads standard toolbar and object toolbar
This happens to me too. To make matters worse, Object Toolbar is not "checked" so you need to set it before you can remove it.

Tags
gnumeric, spreadsheet