Just wondering.

All I see is people telling others to post bug reports. But there are so many reports.

Has anyone actually gotten a reply regarding a bug they posted? Or has anyone from the Maemo team actually responded to a bug report saying they will address it? I have this sinking feeling the website is just a giant black hole to keep people quiet while resources are put into Maemo 6

Yes they do, they always respond to my report after 1 working day.
Every bug reports will be looked at and get an appropriate respond as to what action will take place to it, so just file them when you find any bugs.

Last edited by Venomrush; 2009-12-05 at 12:43.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
It would be great if we could get some info from the devs on what is currently being worked on, ETA on next firmware, etc.

Originally Posted by Relativistic View Post
It would be great if we could get some info from the devs on what is currently being worked on, ETA on next firmware, etc.
Those fixing bugs don't know when Nokia will release firmware with the fixes.

ETA of the firmware is in Nokia's hand, Nokia releases whenever they feel right..

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Well yeah, but they did promise a new fw before years end, which means they have just 25 days left to release it.

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
Well yeah, but they did promise a new fw before years end, which means they have just 25 days left to release it.
25 days = 3 weeks = plenty of time

I reckon week 46 or 47 update will be out soon

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Yeah, i mean i doubt they will release it past 24th, because they don't work on X-Mas do they? So it makes more less just 20 days left, but that still is alot of time. I think the new fw should fix alot things, as well as add new ones, right?
I expect the new firmware to feature:
- Added portrait mode for browser
- Added portrait mode for sms
- Added portrait mode for pdf
- Added mms
- Added more options for videorecorder
- Fixed noise issue with images
- Increased battery life by 10%
- Updated Ovi Maps to version 3.0

The Following User Says Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
They might release it after Xmas. We have a few working days between christmas and new years in Finland. Alot of people decide to stay at work for those few days and save vacation days for our summer. I'd bet they'll release then.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
- color fax functionality

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
Yeah, i mean i doubt they will release it past 24th, because they don't work on X-Mas do they? So it makes more less just 20 days left, but that still is alot of time. I think the new fw should fix alot things, as well as add new ones, right?
I expect the new firmware to feature:
- Added portrait mode for browser
- Added portrait mode for sms
- Added portrait mode for pdf
- Added mms
- Added more options for videorecorder
- Fixed noise issue with images
- Increased battery life by 10%
- Updated Ovi Maps to version 3.0
You can check the bugtracker for potential fixes. Improving batterylife by 10% isn't really something to fix, since it is very application dependant. Also I doubt mms will make it in the next release because of it's complexity. Noise issue with images cannot be fixed without altering image quality. Noise is a feature of the sensor in the camera, you can diminsh it with certain software algorithms but that almost always results in a loss of detail as well.