Notices

Poll: Which music player do you like the most?
Poll Options
Which music player do you like the most?

What is your favorite music player on your tablet?

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
My favourite MUSIC player is certanly Quasar ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=quasar )

it's fast and complete and manages very well the playlists (apart fro the little ussue with the OSK and the n800 :P )

I've tried all of the player in the pool, and this seems the better ( and it's lightweight too!)

my 200 cents xD

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinguino89 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pinguino89 View Post
My favourite MUSIC player is certanly Quasar ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=quasar )

it's fast and complete and manages very well the playlists (apart fro the little ussue with the OSK and the n800 :P )

I've tried all of the player in the pool, and this seems the better ( and it's lightweight too!)

my 200 cents xD
Thanks, never heard of Quasar before, gonna have to check it out.
I'm a YouAmp user currently.

Edit: Installed Quasar..and..wow. I may be a convert.
The things I'll 'miss' from YouAmp will certainly be its small footprint (Quasar and required libs are what, 10meg?) and the Search function.
But quasar may well be worth it for its additional features and very good looks.

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by Tintin; 2009-10-29 at 19:01.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
canola as it is reasonably quick. the two most important reasons for me are that it has nice easy car-friendly controls, and a quick easy way to play my library randomly.

i would convert but have not found anything which better suits my needs. the built in player would be great but it frequently hangs, uses all my cpu cycles, and the crawler drags everything in and is not configurable.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
And your favorite player for .ogg files?

If I double-click an ogg file, it will play in mplayer, but just that one song. File > Open in mplayer does not show ogg files, so I can't make a playlist.

YouAmp forever says it's Updating Database but never finds any songs. I have only ogg files for music, so I don't know if it's a general problem with my YouAmp or if it's ogg-specific.

So I use Canola, even though it's a heavy footprint for an application I use solely for its music capabilities .

I'd be glad to know another program that played well with multiple ogg files.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Thanks for the info on Canola. All my music is in ogg as well, so I guess I will be using this app when the time comes, if it comes.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
And your favorite player for .ogg files?

If I double-click an ogg file, it will play in mplayer, but just that one song. File > Open in mplayer does not show ogg files, so I can't make a playlist.

YouAmp forever says it's Updating Database but never finds any songs. I have only ogg files for music, so I don't know if it's a general problem with my YouAmp or if it's ogg-specific.

So I use Canola, even though it's a heavy footprint for an application I use solely for its music capabilities .

I'd be glad to know another program that played well with multiple ogg files.
Having all my music in OGG leaded me to MediaBox. And after a bit more than a year using I won't switch to any other mediaplayer

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
WIth the N900, the included media player is very nice. For music, it is perfect for my needs, well done, supports my NAS and looks good.
(For video, unfortunately, it doesn't play MPEG2/TS and FLV, so I need MPlayer for that right now)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

youamp -just needs work on playlists ---quasar is good but has volume control bug-which no one has bothered to fix

Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
youamp -just needs work on playlists ---quasar is good but has volume control bug-which no one has bothered to fix
My short-lived fascination and love-affair with Quasar is over..much like a drunken one-night stand where you eventually sober up and more clearly see what you dragged home. Looked really nice..but man there's a lot of bugs and issues.

Going back to my wife...YouAmp...if she will take me back

Tags
canola, quasar