Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Inspired by this thread I decided to give MfE a shot at last.

...well, I get all sorts of timeouts etc...I had to wipe the calendar first, and then the show-stopper.

...it kept messing up my contact's work and home emails. I have each contact with Mobile (Home) and Mobile(Work) etc, and it'd do things like turn both mobile numbers into "Work" and "Mobile", but both containing the work number, erasing the home one.

...I then noticed after a few days I had 6-7 of each contact. Had to spend several hours (even with the find duplicates plugin!) merging them all back together. Not cool.

Annoying enough, in fact to make me glance at the open source MfE project with a view to pulling that in as a CSSU replacement...but then I remembered how many things I already have on my TODO list

Last edited by mr_jrt; 2012-01-22 at 21:45.

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Hmm, its strange, syncing calender have worked like a charm the past 6 months. Now I got the same problem.
Im syncing with Hotmail.
And the only significant thing I have done is a full re-sync a a few weeks ago, maybe its that causing the bug to apear.
Now I have reinstalled the whole phone and now Calender sync works. Strange, but I think everyone should be carefull with Full Resync. I think its better to remove the whole account and set it up again. Dont forget to do a backup, I do it the manual way too, checkout the wiki.

Also I want to point out a warning finger on Hermes.
Hermes have serveral times messed up the contact sync for me.
Last time all contacts I added photos on was deleted from my hotmail-account.
Nowdays I only add photos on my contacts manually, this doesnot mess up thing sofar.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Imperial College London
Originally Posted by cedricp View Post
Hello everybody,

I think I'm running into this bug:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9943

When I try to connect, mfe is asking for AAAA record. It gets a response, but the standart kernel is not able to talk ipv6.

Is there a way to prevent mfe to ask for a AAAA and directly ask for a A record (v4)?
I recently started seeing this problem. After spending more time investigating than I care to admit I found a simple workaround (also posted to the bug report). If you set an ipv4 address for your exchange host in the dnsmasq config it will reject the AAAA request with "NODATA-IPv6" which gets us past the bug. So something like (as root):

echo "address=/yourexchangehost.com/123.45.67.8" >> /etc/dnsmasq.conf
With the obvious replacements.

Cheers,
Jan

Last edited by Big Phat Jan; 2012-05-29 at 17:06. Reason: The code tag introduces newlines. Very silly.

Hi, for those using Mail For Exchange to gmail / m.google.com on their N900.

I recently started receiving the message "Error in communication with exchange server" when syncing MforE (calendar only in my case).
Removing N900 calendar entries and running a full resync normally resolves this, but it the full resync failed with the same error as above.
Removing the MforE connection and running the MforE connection Wizard also failed with the same error on the page where you enter m.google.com and 443 port.

Following the instructions to modify dnsmasq.conf resolved this issue. i.e.

1. Launch X terminal
2. sudo gainroot
3. cd /
4. cd /etc
5. echo "address=/m.google.com/173.194.67.193" >> /etc/dnsmasq.conf
6. exit
7. reboot N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerobatawa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Guys, could you please try "FB fix" i.e. install libcurl3 from extras-devel and report if it solves the problem for you. Disable dnsmasq.conf workaround first of course

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
yes that fixed it

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Guys, could you please try "FB fix" i.e. install libcurl3 from extras-devel and report if it solves the problem for you. Disable dnsmasq.conf workaround first of course

The Following User Says Thank You to jehan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Fantastic - MFE just started messing up and not syncing - found this, installed libcurl3 update - and it works.
Thanks!

Hi all,

Just to confirm the Libcurl3 update works on MforE to m.google.com after backing out the dnsmasq.conf work-around. (reboot N900 after each step).

For people not clear of the process:

Libcurl3 is from extras-dev so you have to enable the Extras Devel catalogue in application manager first (you can disable afterwards):
Navigate to the application menu (tap the title bar)
Select ‘Application catalogs’
Select ‘New’
Enter a catalog name of ‘Maemo extras-devel’
Enter a web address of http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/
Enter a distribution of ‘fremantle’
Enter components of ‘free non-free’
Select ‘Save’

To apply the libcurl3 update:
Launch X terminal
sudo gainroot
apt-get install libcurl3
exit
exit
Reboot N900

Finally, many thanks to those commited developers providing us mere mortals with solutions.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aerobatawa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Imperial College London
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Just another confirmation that this solves the problem.

Cheers,
Jan

Originally Posted by aerobatawa View Post
Hi all,

Just to confirm the Libcurl3 update works on MforE to m.google.com after backing out the dnsmasq.conf work-around. (reboot N900 after each step).

For people not clear of the process:

Libcurl3 is from extras-dev so you have to enable the Extras Devel catalogue in application manager first (you can disable afterwards):
Navigate to the application menu (tap the title bar)
Select ‘Application catalogs’
Select ‘New’
Enter a catalog name of ‘Maemo extras-devel’
Enter a web address of http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/
Enter a distribution of ‘fremantle’
Enter components of ‘free non-free’
Select ‘Save’

To apply the libcurl3 update:
Launch X terminal
sudo gainroot
apt-get install libcurl3
exit
exit
Reboot N900

Finally, many thanks to those commited developers providing us mere mortals with solutions.
Excellent! :> That solved the problem.
I would like to ask 2 things:
1) During the installation recommended package "ca-certificates". Should I install it too? (do not know if you have to do, but my n900 has several certificates are not valid in "Settings" -> "Certificate Manager". Also My date / time are correct)
2) The file "/ etc / dnsmasq.conf" is not empty. You need to empty it manually?

Thank you very much

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!