Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Sadly Nokia does not allow any 3th party app access to theis offline Nokia maps.
How ever CacheMe supports offline maps. You can create them with http://mobac.sourceforge.net/ , i.e. from OpenStreet map.
Make sure you save the map as "Big Planet Tracks SQLite" file. Then store it somewhere on the phone and load it the CacheMe maps settings.
Works quite well for me. Together with offline GPX files (Generated as premium member) I am completelly able to use it without internet connection. Note: even use use the offline map and GPX files, CacheMe will try to go into the internet ats startup. Simple deny it and it will work fine.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
hi caco3! Ive been out caching again, and i stubled upon the following: the projection tool is greyed out. Is there any chance it will be implemented, or did i mis something?

thanks!

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
the projection tool is greyed out.
thanks!
It is only available if a cache is selected since a projection is always linked to a cache.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Ah, i see.
Well the question arose because I needed to set a heading from a sertain waypoint as part of a multicache; "for WP9, start at WP 8, and keep a heading of 81 degrees, for 460 meters"
So is there a way of doing that, e.g. from the navigation dialog?
Thanks!

I am sorry but projection is only working from the main coordinate.
I am not planning to add more features (I don't know the code base good enough and also moved on to Blackberry to which I recently ported c:geo from Android).
Also Till seemed to have stopped development as well since Symbian got kill for good.
and more...