Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Over ten years ago I have done one electronic piece which I actually think is good, but that's all. I started to learn how to make music with basic but it may take a while.
During my time on this rock Ive never created any good music. So you are far ahead of me. One is enough.
First and foremost I dont see music as really useful for anyone and because of that Im really not interested in creating stuff without purpose.

Let’s say you create a hit. That must be the most meaningless in your life. Teach another human to play the first basic chords is more useful than creating a hit that reaching millions of people.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2022-06-03 at 16:56.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I just love your last post. It's unique.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Not all. Norway don't in a way due to massive oil funds that outweighs the debts. Any many countries reduce the debt some years and could pay it back if needed. What I'm talking about the countries that ignore the debt and pay it forward to future generations. Countries with more then 100% of GDP should act. Japan has a massive dept mountain.

The best of the best when it comes to national dept.
Japan (National Debt: ₯1,028 trillion ($9.087 trillion USD))
Greece (National Debt: €332.6 billion ($379 billion US))
Portugal (National Debt: €232 billion ($264 billion US))
Italy (National Debt: €2.17 trillion ($2.48 trillion US))
Bhutan (National Debt: $2.33 billion (USD))
Cyprus (National Debt: €18.95 billion ($21.64 billion USD))
Belgium (National Debt: €399.5 billion ($456.18 billion USD))
United States of America (National Debt: $19.23 trillion (USD))
Spain (National Debt: €1.09 trillion ($1.24 USD))
Singapore (National Debt: $350 billion ($254 billion US))
Not sure where you're pulling these numbers from, or what some of your garbled utterance even means, but it's not that simple.

A country's debt can be counted many different ways - by public debt, by external debt and possibley more (I'm far from being an expert here).
Norway features on both lists. "Outweighing" debt is also mentioned in both articles. If you still insist that there are countries that are NOT indebt, globally, at all, I'd like you to explain, with sources.

Also consider things like Money creation and Debt monetisation.

I repeat, every country on this blue planet is in debt one way or another. May sound worrisome, may even cause people to put their trust and hope in rescue from some higher being - until you realise that money itself is just an illusion. It doesn't matter.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Have had a worst flue in ages for a week, so bad I have not even smoked cigarrettes which 2 x Covid did not prevent me doing. Well today feeling got worse and now I got Covid on top of this flue.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Not sure where you're pulling these numbers from, or what some of your garbled utterance even means, but it's not that simple.

A country's debt can be counted many different ways - by public debt, by external debt and possibley more (I'm far from being an expert here).
Norway features on both lists. "Outweighing" debt is also mentioned in both articles. If you still insist that there are countries that are NOT indebt, globally, at all, I'd like you to explain, with sources.

Also consider things like Money creation and Debt monetisation.

I repeat, every country on this blue planet is in debt one way or another. May sound worrisome, may even cause people to put their trust and hope in rescue from some higher being - until you realise that money itself is just an illusion. It doesn't matter.
I pulled em out of a hat. The number are not that important. That issue is the trend.

Pulled it out of a hat.
you, as a country are spending more than you get in taxes so you need to cover the spending by increasing the dept. US reaching one of every ten tax dollars just to be able to keep going during the next generation with the current trajectory. That is not sustainable. As an example.

You can call it national dept if you like.
Most countries have it yes. Some just because they want to keep the assets elsewhere but could pay it of. Norway as an example is one of the few countries that dont need to cover expenses by borrow money since the fund has grown to just over a $ trillion . Same goes for a few other countries with plenty of oil.

Hope you are back to normal after the FluX3Covid. You should be lucky we dont have any aliens virues yet since you seems to be a virus magnet.

Last edited by Dave999; 2022-06-04 at 22:22.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I pulled em out of a hat.
I thought as much. No sources.

That is not sustainable.
Until you realise that money - and therefore also monetary debt - are an illusion.
A useful one, granted.
And I don't want to dismiss poverty, or obscene wealth, which are both very real.
But if you use absolute numbers of currency to measure them you are doomed.

Hope you are back to normal after the FluX3Covid. You should be lucky we dont have any aliens virues yet since you seems to be a virus magnet.
Are you seriously insulting me? Why? You don't like a challenging discussion, is that it?
Also, the only way you didn't get it yet is
  • you live far away from people
  • you actually had it but you never get tested and were lucky enough to have mild symptoms

We have the sources. Select a country you like and search. But the exact amount is irrelevant for the issue. The concept of paying forward to future generations of the countries dont need sources or exact figures. How can we limit our footprint. Im not saying dont live for money you dont have but we have to consider the possible consequences. Especially if the trend goes in wrong direction for decades.

Sure. Humanity will die, be extinct, new rules will apply. Aliens will be found. Wars will happen and new authorities established. Ignore the issues is recipe for disaster and that is something that we, as humanity is great at.

That last part was obviously not for you but for mr bad luck with the flue.
Ive had it ones. A week after my third shot. Might die of that in a few years so mybe it's time to borrow more money just because of that??

Last edited by Dave999; 2022-06-05 at 12:05.

Last night with free parties for Boris? 🍺 OClock

Last edited by Dave999; 2022-06-06 at 16:35.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Have had a worst flue in ages for a week, so bad I have not even smoked cigarrettes which 2 x Covid did not prevent me doing. Well today feeling got worse and now I got Covid on top of this flue.
Poor you! Our bad flue had us replacing the whole boiler. That was over a three grand expense.

Flu should be flue. It's a pipe anyway. not a pip.

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson