Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by samipower View Post
My videos recorded with digital camera to my nokia n900 with nitdroid 0.0.8

raging thunder 2 and armadon squadron problems with controls, the others games run perfect.
Just use the Hardware buttons with the "gas" touchscreen option...the arrow keys allow you to brake,gas, and turn. And the enter key is the nitrous...

And another tip for the Asphalt 5 players:

I discovered that if you choose the "touchscreen" option in the controllers menu, it also enables the "d-pad" or arrow keys to drive and "d"key is for nitrous and "x" key for break...
Just a tip to everyone that prefers keyboard insted of touchscreen (like me)

Last edited by SSLMM; 2010-09-13 at 20:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to SSLMM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
Just use the Hardware buttons with the "gas" touchscreen option...the arrow keys allow you to brake,gas, and turn. And the enter key is the nitrous...

And another tip for the Asphalt 5 players:

I discovered that if you choose the "touchscreen" option in the controllers menu, it also enables the "d-pad" or arrow keys to drive and "d"key is for nitrous and "x" key for break...
Just a tip to everyone that prefers keyboard insted of touchscreen (like me)
I was just about to ask about that. Can most games with multitouch controls be controlled with the keypad?

Also I saw some videos on youtube of psx4droid running quite nicely but most people said they're not able to run it. Do I need to do something in particular to make it run on the latest nitdroid build?

The Following User Says Thank You to nax3000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
A lot of pages to run through but hopefully some can help

I am unable to add an APN to use the 3G function. I follow the instructions on adding an APN, hit "save" but the list of APN's remains blank.

Update: Got this resolved (not sure how) but i cannot connect to the 3G. "Data Enabled" is set to yes.

Last edited by afaq; 2010-09-14 at 15:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Dear friends,
I'm planning to install NitDroid very soon, but I have a couple of questions before.
1) What exactly does it mean with "telephone partially working"? I would be happy if I'm able to place/receive calls/sms under "2-2.5G".
2) What happens if I change/take out the sd card under Maemo? And what if I restart with a different card or without any?
3) Finally, it says that updates would be available through the app manager like any other app. I would like to know what is the extent of it. Will it upgrade NitDroid, formatting the sd again? Or just update some files?
Believe me, I was trying to read the whole thread, but I couldn't find the answers. Sorry for the inconvenience and many thanks for your answers!
Cheers,

The Following User Says Thank You to cjsegninir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by cjsegninir View Post
Dear friends,
I'm planning to install NitDroid very soon, but I have a couple of questions before.
1) What exactly does it mean with "telephone partially working"? I would be happy if I'm able to place/receive calls/sms under "2-2.5G".
2) What happens if I change/take out the sd card under Maemo? And what if I restart with a different card or without any?
3) Finally, it says that updates would be available through the app manager like any other app. I would like to know what is the extent of it. Will it upgrade NitDroid, formatting the sd again? Or just update some files?
Believe me, I was trying to read the whole thread, but I couldn't find the answers. Sorry for the inconvenience and many thanks for your answers!
Cheers,
1) No audio on phone calls. You can receive SMS. Haven't tried sending.
2) Nothing under Maemo. It would fail to boot to NitDroid, you could still boot to Maemo.
3) I believe that refers to the installer / multi-boot. Updates to the filesystem would still be downloaded through the installer or separately. The whole filesystem may need to be updated, resulting in having to redo app install and settings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
The microphone doesn't work (and I think the speaker that's on the front of the device). Hence you can't talk.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks for your responses!
I was waiting for the telephone to work before installing, but I can't wait!!! I'll give you my comments...

+/- out of topic:
Having NitDroid is a good way to decide if my next mobile will be Meego or Android...

The Following User Says Thank You to cjsegninir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I did not answer your question, I thought you are talking about signing in games (the post above you was talking about games)

I had that problem yesterday; install fine, but wont let me sign in. 2 options

1) touch 4 corner clockwise will take you out of the sign in wizard, try empty space corners.

2) scroll down to bottom, there is an option to 'tap to skip sign in wizard' .....AH!

sorry about the delay response, I thought you are referring to those games which I have no idea how to sign in or what not, hope this helps, buddy,

bun
bro i have small problem yert:
my mobile goes airplane mode automatically. . ?
do u have any suggestions?and google maps wont work either?
am usinsg latest nitdroid

The Following User Says Thank You to frendz07 For This Useful Post:
The Internal GPS doesn't work so Google Maps probably won't work. Users who have it working are using an external bluetooth GPS unit.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
and yup?
unlike old version of nitdroid, thr r no contacts, like before all maemo contacts appeared in nitdroid .

and 'menu' button i.e proximity dont operate

The Following User Says Thank You to frendz07 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900