Active Topics

Notices

Can some one kindly tell me if there are any islamic software esp Azan(prayer timings) for n900. Or can you install the common available ones on n900.Thanks

Last edited by drasu; 2010-01-18 at 11:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drasu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
What do you mean by "common available", is that software related to other linux distributions?

yes there are a few like azan 3.3 suitable for linux and others based on linux system. i only know this after googling azan for linux

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
I assume that unfortunately nobody has yet ported such software to the N900, if it's not available from the Application Manager and its software catalogues ("repositories").

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Yes thats the case, however i was wondering will the ones based on linux system can be made to work on N900

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I did a quick check and Azan is Java which to my knowledge is not supported on the N900. So is Prayer Times PC.
If you could find one for Debian systems they would the best chance of being ported. Or maybe there is something web based?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Im planning on developing a Prayer Times application for the n900, hopefully ill get around to doing that soon.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
good Luck hope you make it

Thanks yes Azan is Java based but the ones i think are linux based are Sabily and Zekr however these have other features like quran recital, may be they can be made to work on maemo. Zekr is on Ubuntu platform i think it could be ported.
I am a layman when it come to programing. Hope someone can help me out.

Last edited by drasu; 2010-01-20 at 12:32.

need step by step guide to installing zekr on n900