Active Topics

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by max83 View Post
kernel 3.4 is ready, we need volunteer to compile it
and let us know if there is some drivers missing
email me if u interested
only programmers, we prefer codeRUS, Martin, SourenAraya

smartmax83@yandex.ru
Did you manage to get the N9/N950 specific binary blobs working, or did you have to trow them at the proverbial water bird, i.e. chuck them out. (finnsih proverb “heitä sillä vesilintua”).

Whenever I'm connected to the Internet with 3G, I get the following error when I run ssu as ‘devel-su’ (even with ‘ssu --help’):

Code:
bash-3.2# ssu ur
[D] NetworkService::setPath::447 - void NetworkService::setPath(const QString&) "Method "GetProperties" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist
"
Internet is working fine (e.g. brower works, zypper in works, etc...). Doesn't happen when I'm connected with WLAN.

Last edited by jtts; 2013-12-18 at 00:02.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Slightly off topic -
But is there a list of things that work and things that dont yet?

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
There is a native file manager in #Jolla's #SailfishOS! To get it: "pkcon install jolla-fileman
It doesn’t seem that useful. Can’t copy or move files. And even delete doesn’t work.

Originally Posted by DJJonosound View Post
Slightly off topic -
But is there a list of things that work and things that dont yet?
There is a GitHub issue tracker for it. Also Sailfish wiki-article lists a couple of known issues.

Has anyone been able to get smtp with STARTTLS working with the email application? It's the only way to get email sending working with my university email account. Well, the other way would be to get MS Exchange ActiveSync to work.

great OS so far....running well accept for some hickup and battery not charging....love the UI!

at first I use the image from Max83.....it doesn't turn out good in term of stability....but after changing to vgrade R3 yeah....it's all good!

I found out later that Max83 image has been remove from mediafire....

I'n running 1.0.1.10 now via vgrade R3 image....but I've received system update to 1.0.0.5

it seems like a downgrade to me....or should I just proceed to upgrade the system?

The Following User Says Thank You to arsaa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Originally Posted by jtts View Post
There is a GitHub issue tracker for it. Also Sailfish wiki-article lists a couple of known issues.
Thanks for that. It might be a while before I switch to sailfish at this rate.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
You need to put in the new ssu.ini on the R3 image to fix the 'upgrade to 1.0.0.5' problem, and also get store working.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jtts View Post
Whenever I'm connected to the Internet with 3G, I get the following error when I run ssu as ‘devel-su’ (even with ‘ssu --help’):

Code:
bash-3.2# ssu ur
[D] NetworkService::setPath::447 - void NetworkService::setPath(const QString&) "Method "GetProperties" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist
"
Internet is working fine (e.g. brower works, zypper in works, etc...). Doesn't happen when I'm connected with WLAN.
Never mind, I found the answer in this thread:

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
PS. that NetworkService::setPath debug line can be ignored, as its nothing to do with the problem itself ;-)

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish