Thank, I just did a flash.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
After flashing you have a working MyDocs again, but still have to go through all of the steps of the howto to adjust the size and create an extra partition for Nitdroid.
Originally Posted by helloct View Post
Ok back again
at step 5/9 I got this when I enter /home/user/bin/fdisk /dev/mmcblk0

-sh: /home/user/bin/fdisk: not found

the same with /usr/bin/fdisk or /usr/bin/fdisk /dev/mmcblk0 that give me

-sh: /usr/bin/fdisk: not found

though with which fdisk i get

/sbin/fdisk
I guess, at the time the wiki page, you are following, was written, there was no busybox-power available or not known to the author(s).
With fdisk provided by busybox-power (your shell) there is no need and no success with steps 1, 3, so skip them. Also in step 9: there is no /home/user/bin/fdisk, just use
Code:
fdisk /dev/mmcblk0

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-11-06 at 06:53.

@michaaa62

ok, thank.
But after my flash I have 98.2MB / 227,9 as free space in RootFS with only Storage Usage installed as app. is this normal?

That is actually a pretty good result, i had worse results after a reflash than that! The 256MB of the N900 is really only 227,9 MB as shown, and fiasco image will take those 130 MB.

There are some scripts to even get some more valuable space back, i prefer that one: http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Tanner#Sa...pace_on_rootfs

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
After flashing you have a working MyDocs again, but still have to go through all of the steps of the howto to adjust the size and create an extra partition for Nitdroid.

I guess, at the time the wiki page, you are following, was written, there was no busybox-power available or not known to the author(s).
With fdisk provided by busybox-power (your shell) there is no need and no success with steps 1, 3, so skip them. Also in step 9: there is no /home/user/bin/fdisk, just use
Code:
fdisk /dev/mmcblk0
hi, michaaa,
At line 12 step 7, it ask me Partition number (1-4): and if I enter the value 5 as described, it tell me:

Value out of range.
Partition number (1-4):

And am stuck their, as this was the cause of my main problem.
So what to do?

So the step, where the extended partition is created, failed. Look at your partitions with 'p' like print partition table, there is also 'm' for manual in fdisk.

EDIT: There seems to be an error in the usage of fdisk in step 7 of the tutorial!!!
Here is the block that i consider correct, the red letter is a small 'L':[code]n
e
First cylinder: 800001
Last cylinder: 884865
n
l
First cylinder: 800001
Last cylinder: 884865
t
t

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-11-06 at 21:43.

So the step, where the extended partition is created, failed. Look at your partitions with 'p' like print partition table, there is also 'm' for manual in fdisk.
So I add a new partion with 'n' or what?

I use to do those stuff easily on PC while installing different linux but here, it's like I have never touch a keyboard.

Originally Posted by helloct View Post
So I add a new partion with 'n' or what?

I use to do those stuff easily on PC while installing different linux but here, it's like I have never touch a keyboard.
fdisk is a pain to use, like vi!

OK, I've learn however

'q' to quit and mount /home/user/MyDocs

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
fdisk is a pain to use, like vi!
Yeah, you are right. But if you are used to them you are very fast and you love 'em. Me not

We may have only 4 primary (incl. extended) partitions on a disk. So this will be the reason why he chose first an extended partition 4 and then created the 5th logical partition (inside that 4th extended).
Do not know why he chose that way, cause you may have used that4th directly as primary! ? This makes only sense, if you want to create more logical partitions inside that 4th extended one. But hey, nevermind.

Did you succeed?
I saw, that you learned how to quit, but yo need to confirm with 'w' write