Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
I have idea/tip/workaround/solution
I use same cell-ids places for more rules. I first thought it would be good to have lists of cell-ids for use in many rules.

But now i have solution.
I make new rule with name of place, collect cell-ids, save to bottom and deactivate. Next, for use in new rule, just simply i do: "Copy as new", change name and add conditions and Actions.

But, if cell-ids changed, i have no way to simply change only cell-ids in rules with same cell-ids place. I must recollect cell-ids for each rule. In the future it would be good to have the lists of the cell-id locations.

I hope, unlike my poor english, I wrote it clearly.

About PSM "flapping":

I have this problem only if PSM status NOT defined in "default rule" !!

In case of RESET (i don't know why) in event in log, Profilematic not found PSM state in Default rule, then use "previous state" => set PSM to oposite state. Touché.

I wil paste log when i come home. Workaround exists, factors are known .. It's nothing tragic..

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
Hey guys,

I have an issue using profilematic along with the app 2G/3G. Basically, 2G/3G stopped working when I installed profilematic... Strangely, the flightmode app of the same developer is still working! Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by meegofan View Post
Hey guys,

I have an issue using profilematic along with the app 2G/3G. Basically, 2G/3G stopped working when I installed profilematic... Strangely, the flightmode app of the same developer is still working! Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?
Try reinstalling 2g/3g app. I see no reason why ProfileMatic and that app would cause problems for each other.

Originally Posted by Kaacz View Post
I have same problem, but not always. Bad for debug. I try it, but ..
In Default rule is Standby screen enable.
In rule is: when "home" cell-ids (300s) then Standby screen disable (with restore prev. mode).
In some days Standby screen is not enabled after leaving home cell-ids location.
Do you perhaps sometimes shutdown or restart your phone when you're at home? If so, what you observed could happen.

Using "restore previous" in your rule makes no sense in this case, and is in fact harmful. You should remove "restore previous" and let the default rule take care of switching standby screen on when you leave your home cell-ids.

But, if cell-ids changed, i have no way to simply change only cell-ids in rules with same cell-ids place. I must recollect cell-ids for each rule. In the future it would be good to have the lists of the cell-id locations.

I hope, unlike my poor english, I wrote it clearly.
You did write it clearly, and I know the pain... I've been thinking about different kinds of ways to do that, like having a button "copy from another rule", or copy-paste kind of things. But I haven't settled on anything, and it's really low-priority so not sure when or if it'll be implemented.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Schturman gave an useful tip considering mcetools. Setting background connections I have also tried to do before seems to work reliably now.

After gconfing the restricted mode on or off, I switch internet connection off for a second with mcetools. More than two weeks now with no problems!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kkarioja For This Useful Post:
@ajalkane Todey, when i collect some cell-id, first time i read (on bottom) tip about copy rule for create next rule with same cell-id. I'm sorry. I'm bad reader.

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
hello,

i have one little bug with profilematic.
i setup the app that stand by screen is off and flight mode is enabled, when phone is charging between 0-8am...

now when i'm charging at another time, stanby screen goes off too...

also would like if it would enable these rules when connecting as mass storage...

Originally Posted by slarti View Post
I found out a better way to use an NFC tag on my car holder than explained here.

My aim was to put my phone on my car holder (on which I put an NFC sticker on) and have it automatically switch BT on, pair with my...
I tried this myself and despite many attempts I can't seem to get the script working properly. Running this script in terminal:
#!/bin/sh
xdg-open /usr/share/applications/toggleBT_harmattan.desktop
killall music-suite
Got me this:
:no process killede
- $ invoker ...toggleBT..
in which the bluetooth toggle works fine but the music application isn't killed.

Switching the lines in the script to this:
#!/bin/sh
killall music-suite
xdg-open /usr/share/applications/toggleBT_harmattan.desktop
Gets me:
no default action for the given PARAMS
Any advice?

Script is in a folder called /home/user/MyDocs/Scripts

Originally Posted by snooky View Post
hello,

i have one little bug with profilematic.
i setup the app that stand by screen is off and flight mode is enabled, when phone is charging between 0-8am...

now when i'm charging at another time, stanby screen goes off
That is peculiar. I'll post a new beta soon, please try if this issue still happens with it.