Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Hi guys, I tried using the raw feature, but the dng files all seem messed up somehow. Am i doing something wrong or is this a known issue?
And another question: is there a way to improve the JPEG quality setting for the camera without having to install patches etc.? (just gconf or something like that)

What are symptoms of Your RAW captures being "messed up"?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

They look like this, in the Gimp and in Raw Image viewer...
Thanks!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to XiliX For This Useful Post:
Erm, could You also post corresponding .jpg image (it should save both .jpg and raw) for comparison? I suspect, that there should be only one tree, but...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Hi guys, I tried using the raw feature, but the dng files all seem messed up somehow. Am i doing something wrong or is this a known issue?
And another question: is there a way to improve the JPEG quality setting for the camera without having to install patches etc.? (just gconf or something like that)
You can set gstreamer to use a software jpeg encoder and set the 'compression quality' to whatever level you want. Just edit /etc/gdigicam/something.conf

FWIW bro master deluxe - freemangordon has bumped the quality setting of the DSP jpeg encoder to 100. Thus, if you have 720p recording enabled, you will get it when the next version of libgstdsp is released. (just tremember to set you gdigicam conf back!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Hi Estel. There are multiple trees, but things that appear once on the jpeg can be found numerous times on raw..

jpeg:
Name:  Screenshot-20120302-093248.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  21.6 KB

raw:
Name:  Screenshot-20120302-092438.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  17.7 KB

Thanks!

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
My guess would be that your X value is off when loading the raw. (Consider your raw is showing 3:4 proportions where your jpg is not. Double check you X number and that should fix it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
After thinking about Woodys comment, i tried taking a picture with a 4:3 resolution: The RAW images taken that way are correct, so I think Woody is right here. Still, where can i find that X value?
Thanks!

Last edited by XiliX; 2012-03-02 at 19:39.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sydney
Hi all,

I thought I'll join in the camera-ui2 thread.

I've been loving it, especially with all the keyboard shortcuts, very useful.

I got one question. I noticed the loading time (or standby time) is quite long now.

I have two N900s, one is using camera-ui2 (CSSU testing), one is plain old 21.2011.38-1. On CSSU, the time it takes from opening the camera lid to I see the camera output on the screen is about 3-4 seconds. The 21.2011.38-1 takes about 1 second, and sometimes less.

Anyone has any idea why it is slower? Or perhaps is there anyway I could debug this?

Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pigeond For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by pigeond View Post
Anyone has any idea why it is slower? Or perhaps is there anyway I could debug this?
IIRC, it's stopping the tracker, check previous posts.
You can try profiling it with these tools: http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...o5#Performance

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle