Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
I do not believe this community should expect Alien Dalvik to ever appear. Either we do it from scratch or we associate with IcedRobot. RIM has done a translator already, they can run Android apps in PBOS2. I'm still that having lots of pre-made apps would hinder QtQuick but at least we might have access to other services, especially American ones like Amazon Kindle, Netflix and Hulu, that willworried never create apps for Harmattan because the N9 wasn't sold in America. The only hope there is that Meltemi becomes a runaway hit and Meltemi apps can be compatible with Harmattan. If Meltemi is Qt5-based we can forget about that as well.

As for Nitdroid, if all else fails, it's good to have a second option. Congratulations to those

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
I do not believe this community should expect Alien Dalvik to ever appear. Either we do it from scratch or we associate with IcedRobot. RIM has done a translator already, they can run Android apps in PBOS2. I'm still that having lots of pre-made apps would hinder QtQuick but at least we might have access to other services, especially American ones like Amazon Kindle, Netflix and Hulu, that willworried never create apps for Harmattan because the N9 wasn't sold in America. The only hope there is that Meltemi becomes a runaway hit and Meltemi apps can be compatible with Harmattan. If Meltemi is Qt5-based we can forget about that as well.

As for Nitdroid, if all else fails, it's good to have a second option. Congratulations to those
Correct, there is threads already about IcedRobot.
I've mentioned it earlier in this thread too.
It's a preferred route to ICS, but both are fine if the community wants them.
It's just that it'd be nice to have more people focused on IcedRobot.
ATM they're all totally fixated on ICS...
IcedRobot's not an easy undertaking at all, & there's still a long way to go.
It's not even close to end-user stage yet.
So I can kinda understand why there's not wider interest.

Anyway sorry for the continued off-topic.
Lets keep off-topic stuff in their own threads.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-11 at 21:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Let me announce "Nokia N9: Booting into alternative OS" thread. I hope it might be useful for all `alternativOS` developers, that's why it has been posted on f.m.c ( sorry )
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=39330

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ecuador

The Following User Says Thank You to marnuc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marnuc View Post
found this, looks pretty nice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0DjY...ature=youtu.be
Yes I'm loving this :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to law138 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i just want to get flash player plugin into my harmattan, just that,

The dualboot into Android which you have developed for the NITs (even for the N9), is ground-breaking e-yes! We all appreciate your work, and couldn't have asked for anymore!

But not to go against your development (I know I may sound like a newbie), but will Android run on N9 in portrait mode? I'm only saying because all the beautiful progress evidence you are proving, seem to show ICS when the phone has been rotated. Ofcourse, I know I must be asking newbie questions, sorry!

Still love everything about your development and NITDroid! ;D

i scared that N9 16gb cannot support ics smoothly, any chance if totally convert to ics?

if i could successfully port ICS onto my N9 plus keep meego. I will donate VERY kindly.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by baem90 View Post
i scared that N9 16gb cannot support ics smoothly, any chance if totally convert to ics?
its alternative dude, would you do a downgrade?, if you want android so badly i suggest you to buy real droid outside there