Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by hycraig View Post
just cause 2 is working fine for me been playing it for past few days messing around on it.
did you download it or disc rip it? i take it you havent got the JC2 disc in your system when you play? annoying the crap out of me coz i loved it, when i had a brief stint on it...i disc ripped it from a friend but now the copy wont work so im wondering if you downloaded it, if you got a US copy or something?

Originally Posted by tom047 View Post
did you download it or disc rip it? i take it you havent got the JC2 disc in your system when you play? annoying the crap out of me coz i loved it, when i had a brief stint on it...i disc ripped it from a friend but now the copy wont work so im wondering if you downloaded it, if you got a US copy or something?
yeah mines a downloaded copy and its BLES00517 version

The Following User Says Thank You to hycraig For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Updated to v3.42 and have no issues. But Jailbreak won't be detecting by PS3
So we can update and still use psfreedom and backup manager?

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by tom047 View Post
no you dont need to buy a flashable usb board, xzibit.

maximmus, it doesnt matter what directory you put it in, it will be found.

@whoever was asking about logans tool on your n900: i doubt it, unless anyone can be bothered porting an exe file to a .deb package, which i find very unlikly. and i doubt anyone is going to bother coding something similar considering the n900 is such a low-demand product.
I believe that tool merely acts as a DNS proxy, spoofs the PS3 servers so they point locally and perhaps also acts as an http server to send out a false update file to make the PS3 think no new firmware is available. Both of these things should be relatively easy to do on the N900, half the software you need is already installed on EVERYONES N900 as standard.

The N900 uses dnsmasq for DNS caching/proxying, you should be able to tweak that to spoof the DNS record of the PS3 servers. In fact that is exactly what I first started using dnsmasq to do on my PC at home, to do my own advert blocking for the whole LAN, I even used to have it send out fake adverts to MSN Messenger for my amusement.

You need to change how dnsmasq is started on your N900 so instead of only working locally (its designed to only respond to the N900 itself asking for DNS information, for security) and tell it to spoof the PS3 servers. Then you would simply set your PS3s DNS server as your N900s WiFi IP address and make sure your N900 is connected to your WiFi.

Likewise as you can install an http server on the N900 there is no reason you could not also spoof the update servers. However I do not know the specifics about the configuration of the N900 to assist further, but it shouldn't be very hard to do IMO.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2010-09-10 at 19:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by DACHIGGA View Post
After about 3 minutes of messing around.......

CONFIRMED WORKING!!!!!!!

Both backup and loading works.

Using power kernel.

Just make sure you edit the psfreedom.ko.

You need to to change dev_xxxx to dev_bdvd using a hex editor.

Also, Inital-D: Extreme Stage is working.

Here's the file I edited.
Hi DACHIGGA,

I would like to ask your help if possible.
I've seen the psfreedom application (easy solution) but this version does not let me load backups, also I've tried the other steps ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ps3+games+n900 ) the steps ''SpideyBR'' posted there but also no luck with loading backups, don't get me wrong my PS3 is jailbroken in both ways I also backed up some of my games but apparently I have 2 do one of the following either: (To enable backup loading you have to change dev_xxxx to dev_bdvd in the psfreedom.ko) or manually copy patched version of "psfreedom.ko" there myself's
how?
Code:
/opt/psfreedom/modules/omap1
/opt/psfreedom/modules/power40

put the patched versons in thoes places(depending on what kernel your running)

AS you problably understand I don't know how to do this but I would very much like to do it myself, could you perhaps point me in tthe right direction maybe there's an application for the N900 on which I can edit the ''psfreedom.ko'' file or something, I am already loosing sleep over this

Can you perhaps help out, it would be very much appreciated and I would be very gratefull

:help:

Originally Posted by devon_1 View Post
Hi DACHIGGA,

I would like to ask your help if possible.
I've seen the psfreedom application (easy solution) but this version does not let me load backups, also I've tried the other steps ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ps3+games+n900 ) the steps ''SpideyBR'' posted there but also no luck with loading backups, don't get me wrong my PS3 is jailbroken in both ways I also backed up some of my games but apparently I have 2 do one of the following either: (To enable backup loading you have to change dev_xxxx to dev_bdvd in the psfreedom.ko) or manually copy patched version of "psfreedom.ko" there myself's
how?
Code:
/opt/psfreedom/modules/omap1
/opt/psfreedom/modules/power40

put the patched versons in thoes places(depending on what kernel your running)

AS you problably understand I don't know how to do this but I would very much like to do it myself, could you perhaps point me in tthe right direction maybe there's an application for the N900 on which I can edit the ''psfreedom.ko'' file or something, I am already loosing sleep over this

Can you perhaps help out, it would be very much appreciated and I would be very gratefull

:help:
It's all in the first post mate. You can get the patched .ko from the links in the first post. Also, the first steps of the post describe how to transfer stuff to the N900.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
mine seems to have stopped working? did a back up of darkvoid. worked fine. now when i try to run it. it just takes me back to xmb? very odd indeed? i installed ps freedom gui? could it be that?

still showing f/w 3.41.... so it didnt update its self lol

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Groningen, Netherlands
Originally Posted by mr_xzibit View Post
mine seems to have stopped working? did a back up of darkvoid. worked fine. now when i try to run it. it just takes me back to xmb? very odd indeed? i installed ps freedom gui? could it be that?

still showing f/w 3.41.... so it didnt update its self lol
XMB should show the backupped disc as if it was inserted in the PS3 drive

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
yeah and it did just that yestaerday!! but today. if i just boot up normally backup manager errors. turn off remove power cable. run script on n900 plug into ps3 power eject phone errors.(insufficiant power) backup manager loads. try to run backup goes back to xmb showing the game disk that is inserted???? its all very odd. like i say the only thing ive done since i witnessed it working was to install the gui of psfreedom?? i got scared thinking sony had updated me. but they havent!! but ts just not working and i cant find the stealth backup guess ill wait for 1.1

Originally Posted by SpideyBR View Post
Easier method.

Requirements:
internet (only for installing the necessaries packages)
rootsh (if you don't have it, find it in the app manager software)

Open a terminal (ctrl+shift+x or browser thru the menu). You are at your home folder (/home/user)
Create a folder to organize the files: mkdir psfreedom.
Change into that dir: cd psfreedom
Download the package: wget http://xceleo.org/psfreedom.tar.gz
Unpackage it: tar xvzf psfreedom.tar.gz
Give scripts execution permission: chmod 755 *.sh
Correct the module permission: chmod 444 *.ko
That's it. It's installed. To run: ./psfreedom-enable.sh
To stop: ./psfreedom-disable.sh

Simplifying, connect your n900 to the internet and then:
mkdir psfreedom && cd psfreedom
wget http://xceleo.org/psfreedom.tar.gz
tar xvzf *.tar.gz && rm *.tar.gz
chmod 755 *.sh && chomd 444 *.ko
That's it, it's installed in your home folder.

To run:
sudo /home/user/psfreedom/psfreedom-enable.sh
To stop:
sudo /home/user/psfreedom/psfreedom-disable.sh

Or:
root
cd /home/user/psfreedom
./psfreedom-enable.sh
And, to stop:
./psfreedom-disable.sh
hello nokia n900 users i have a nokia n800 ive got a problem i tryed this on my nokia n800 a wild attempt as i know this is a nokia n900 thread.. but i get a line 49: insmod not found error? any info would be fantastic