Active Topics

Originally Posted by cropas View Post
No. But i've been thinking about buing some new Pay'n'Go card and test it. But what i also did. I used that micro-SIM card (using SIM adapter) in my old N900 and it was working fine. Probably I will do that test with other SIM card coz I'll be in another country and will post, if that will fix the problem.

Bartek
Small update. The trick with replacing APN name with IP number stopped working after while.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
cropas,

I think trying a new sim is the better option; doesn't cost much and eliminates the lowest-hanging fruit first...

Why is it that I have a wifi connection, but my accounts wont go online, the stock web browser wont load any pages ( but firefox does ) and my news feeds dont refresh nor load? The only option is to restart the phone ?!?

Any progress made with this bug?
How to make the phone reboot faster lool?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@mrk88
Have you tried the above mentioned command?

Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/icd2

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Greater Chicagoland area
Reading this whole thread, it sounds like this may only apply to some, but I will share what I've experienced.

My N9 and my wife's N9 in Chicago area on T-Mobile has been fine. A friend just bought an N9 two weeks ago on my recommendation to replace her iPhone 4GS. She experienced the issues described in this thread and it was most frustrating for her AND me.

They persisted and these solutions didn't work. She took her microSIM from her iPhone and put it in her N9. I suggested a new SIM and maybe T-Mobile to see if that would clear it up. Before doing that, she thought she'd call AT&T.

Turns out they had her SIM/number coded for an Apple phone. She told them she now had a Nokia and they did something to her account and now her internet connectivity works properly.

Don't know if that will help many people here, but just throwing it out there in case it helps even one person.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@mrk88
Have you tried the above mentioned command?

Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/icd2
I'll try it the next time it happens and see if it works.

^^^ I guess it works Thanks

Last edited by mrk88; 2012-12-18 at 06:51.

Hi, everyone, i have the same connection issue: from time to time, the wifi is active but no program can access web. I noticed that the problem appears when switching from 3G to WIFI....from now i am using 2G (EDGE)...and no problem at all, but it is a bit frustrating...

Originally Posted by mrk88 View Post
Why is it that I have a wifi connection, but my accounts wont go online, the stock web browser wont load any pages ( but firefox does ) and my news feeds dont refresh nor load? The only option is to restart the phone ?!?

Any progress made with this bug?
How to make the phone reboot faster lool?
I have the exact same problem...i Solved it by disabling 3G ...and using 2G only because i noticed i had this bug while switching from 3G to WIFI. very annoying for me, i think about changing the phone cause my N8 didn't have this problem

Enabling "Background connection" for WIFI resolves the problem, but use a little more battery...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
IME it doesn't, you must not have this issue (exact) issue, nothing as simple as that worked for anyone else here either.