Notices

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Hi folks,

I have finally got this icon theme to point where I was happy to then package it up (with some much appreciated help).
This is now in extras-devel and can be installed via FAM or HAM.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/faenza-n900-icons/

Kudos to tiheum @ deviantart for his Faenza icon pack, which a lot of the icons in this package are from.
Also thank to Andrewfblack for his contribution too. Andrew is working on some smilies which will be added to this pack once he has some time to finish them.

As time allows I will be adding more icons to this pack.
I have made quite a lot of icons for the many applications available.

If you have any applications which you would like an icon made for under these theme, please post your requests in this thread and I will try to oblige.

I also have a backgrounds folder for the Applications Categories icons, but unfortunately, that is a theme folder so you will need to copy and paste these into the backgrounds folder of the theme you are using.
eg. usr/share/themes/theme-you-are-using/backgrounds
Once you have done this, you can use d-iivil's theme customizer to save as a new theme so yo don't lose thos background images if the theme updates.

Some applications also use the pixmaps folder for their icons so you will need to do the same with that folder which can be found in usr/share/.

Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip backgrounds.zip (262.4 KB, 638 views)
File Type: zip pixmaps.zip (63.0 KB, 543 views)

Last edited by shazosbourne; 2010-11-10 at 05:04. Reason: Added updated screenshot

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
Nice work, however the 'display' icon in the first screenshot looks very similar (identical actually) to the Nvidia logo, which I think is copyrighted. If so, it should be swapped with a graphic that is freely distributable to avoid (however unlikely) legal issues.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
nice one mate, keep a great work.like it,unfortunately catorize not working anymore on pr 1.3

Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
nice one mate, keep a great work.like it,unfortunately catorize not working anymore on pr 1.3
Thanks.
Catorize works for me.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
Thanks.
Catorize works for me.

on mine it doesn't work atall, so I myself us ApMefo and put it to hicolor by myself.so for folder inside menu,ApMefo can read it.
I don't know, how it come doesn't work. even I restarted hildon-desktop nor restarted the device it self.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Excellent job guys! I use Matthieu James' Faenza icons on my main machine. It makes my Macbook Pro's OSX UI look old and dated in comparison. Linux has really come a long way!

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Excellent job guys! I use Matthieu James' Faenza icons on my main machine.
Thanks, yeah I love it and use it to. Hence my doing this theme.

Just posting a reply to some questions/suggestions I got so folk can have some idea what to expect in any updates.

1.battery bar doesn't suits for this pack, its looking ugly and cheap. need to change with HD battery icon bar
That battery icon is (apart from some minor size tweaking) straight from the Faenza icon theme and I wish to try to keep as much in line with that theme as I can, so I won't be changing it. Of course, you guys are welcome to modify your icons as you see fit.

2.singla bar as well, now which is default, need to replace with better one and unique
The signal strength indicator might be an addition if I can work the Faenza style one in. The Faenza one needs quite a bit more space than allocated to the standard hicolor icon in the status area.

3.in menu many icons are missing: app manager, Noor, Quran, sketch, opera, fmms, document to go: doc, xls, ppt
App Manager itself has a new icon, the icons inside it don't yet, but may soon. Opera is on mine, but I have done so much swapping on this, I will have check what happened with that icon.

As for Docs to Go, they have their own icon folders so I can't do anything about that. You will have to mod them yourselves, although the mimetype icons for those document types are already part of the package, but DTG uses it's own installed icons.

If you want an icon for a particular application, it would be great if you could run a query in terminal to find out where the icon is kept and it's sizes. Saves me having to research the package.

The query I use is:
root
find / -name nameoficon.png

So hopefully you get output like:

usr/share/icons/hicolor/26x26/apps/nameoficon.png
usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/nameoficon.png
usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/nameoficon.png
usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/nameoficon.png

or something similar anyway.

4.in settings, many icons are missing: wi-fi singal applet, lense cover reminder
I don't think there are 'many' missing, but as I said, I will do what I can when I can, and do hope to update those couple in settings and a few applet icons.

5.why dont you include background and pixmap icons in this icon pack combined them, as now you have attached seperately in forum nor noobs its a hassle.
Unfortunately, I can't include them as they are not part of the icon directory. The backgrounds need to be part of a theme installation to be automatically installed in that way. The Maemo.org theme has those background icons as default I believe, so try that.
The pixmaps folder is another story again, and if someone tells me how to include it in the theme then I will, but I don't think it easily do-able.

The Following User Says Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
I noted that the call icons don't appear to show properly on my device. Dialled calls show with the same postage-stamp icon as 'sent' in mail and inbound calls show a down arrow (not customized). Not sure if this has been reported yet, or if it's an area still in progress, but though it wouldn't hurt to mention.

Thanks for this awesome icon pack! It's wicked! Tons of cool high-colour icons - even the Activesync icon is customized!

Thanks again.

Funny how I saw this while I'm stopping by in Faenza. It's a town. In Italy.Ciao!

The Following User Says Thank You to lore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
You should take a loot at gnome-look.org, there´s some extra icons there.

The Following User Says Thank You to towhatend For This Useful Post: