Notices

Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
That's really cool. I've been hoping to see some Amateur radio apps for some time now. Just wondering, I have a BT to RS232 adapter. How tough do you think it might be to use it instead of all the cables? I'd really like to get the N800 working with my Kenwood D-700 (or D7 HT).

Eric
N3KQX
I'm on the prowl for a right-priced BT serial adapter, because I think it'll work just fine.

MM asks for a path to the serial device for the TNC. Right now, I'm using /dev/ttyUSB0. Substitute whatever device the BT serial adapter wants to be called, and you'd be in business.

With the N810, this would be a great idea since you could put the N810 up on the dash to get a clear satellite view, while hiding the radio and tracker somewhere else.

With an N800 and a BT GPS, that's not such a big deal, but it'd still be nice to be able to use the N800 without being completely tethered.

-Tom
KE7VUX

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
I got the BT adapter when I upgraded my phone to an N95. There's an application for S60 called ExtGPS that turns it into a bluetooth GPS. I've been trying on occasion to get it to work, even if I don't get waypoint support. For some reason though, the N95 and the adapter don't want to automatically connect. I usually end up putting it away for a few months, then think about it and get myself frustrated again. I never thought about trying to use Maemo Mapper on the N800. I'll have to dig out the adapter this weekend and see what happens.

What's the deal with the "Tap & Hold Menu" not working? Clearly I'm not the only one with the problem as I've seen a few others mention it. Any chance of getting that fixed? Do I need to enter it as a bug somewhere?

I loaded the S/W onto my N810 and have it connected to the Internet for tracking. I sent a test message to it but don't see anyway of replying? Is that in one of the upcoming updates? 73

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
The Sqlite maps are failing to download. Anyone else hacing this problem?

Google changed something in the URL so that's why... (look at the map repository thread for updates)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Hey, stupid question. I know someone developed an application that will allow you to download and build an sqlite database for maemo mapper on your computer that you can just copy over to the nit. The kicker is this. I can't get the one that was posted to run. It keeps giving some weird "out of range" error.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly welcome. Thanks.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Google changed something in the URL so that's why... (look at the map repository thread for updates)
Thanks. I posted there several days ago. No luck coming up with the new repo url for the SQLite maps. I hate to have to switch back to the legacy maps.

Is there anyone having the same problem with me ? Maps are wrongly calibrated after Maemo Mapper is upgrated to V2.6.

If you use Maemo Mapper for APRS, you probably want to add these repeater POI's: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=38

Last edited by st5150; 2009-08-19 at 08:08.