Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply... If you have maemo.org account, it should be possible to see your karma on webpage:
http://maemo.org/profile/view/username/
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
For voting in the council elections you need a minimum of karma, I think it's 10. It's a small amount, to show you are an active user and not a spam bot. If you haven't done so already please link your talk.maemo.org account with your maemo.org profile.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Link_talk.maem...mo.org_profile

It takes a couple of days so best to do it earlier
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
OK... I have finished my "copy and paste" from the posts into the web site.
Since I used half a brain for the process please make sure to review the information there and let me know of any issues.

Again.... If anybody has any objection or wants to have their information removed from the web site let me know....

I don't have any agenda or interest.... Just trying to help out... All the credit goes to kojacker for the great work!

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Hi Ryan,

First, I am sorry to hear about your friends. Second: great work! I don't know how you manage it

A little too little a little too late but I created this google site by just copying the information on your posts.
https://sites.google.com/a/crochik.c...e-competition/

It will be soon be also available at http://cc2012.crochik.com

Do you think there is any value to copy all the rest of the stuff here? I can do the initial copy and will be glad to give you access to edit it as well... Please don't feel obligated to - it is just me trying to help a little.... Hopefully nobody will think that I am trying to influence the voters

Let me know....

p.s. I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full....

Felipe
That's great Felipe, thanks very much

Sorry, yep my inbox is constantly full these days. Best way to get to me in the meantime is via the competition email address.

thanks thedead1440 and Wikiwide for the voting advice *thumbsup* It'll make sense when you go to the voting link and see the categories etc there

All the credit goes to kojacker for the great work!
Pfft.. no way, stop being modest and take some credit

Edit:
What is it? I would like to give you access to edit the web site (assuming you want to)?
It may be safer to keep me away from your server lest I may cause some late night editing havoc, but the address is the same one from the application submission, maemo.competition2012@gmail.com. Weird thing is, I'm getting invitation to NetBeans conferences to that address now whatever spambot has picked it up from the wiki??

I notice the competition wiki has been accessed almost 300 times in the last 3 hours

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-19 at 15:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Sorry, yep my inbox is constantly full these days. Best way to get to me in the meantime is via the competition email address.
What is it? I would like to give you access to edit the web site (assuming you want to)?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
The competition wiki doesn't say where you go to vote. It says the voting interface is the same as that for the council elections. I found the thread for the 2012 council elections. It didn't have a link to a place where I can vote.

Is this some kind of "in-crowd" filter?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nexus7 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
The competition wiki doesn't say where you go to vote. It says the voting interface is the same as that for the council elections. I found the thread for the 2012 council elections. It didn't have a link to a place where I can vote.

Is this some kind of "in-crowd" filter?
Have you received your voting email Nexus7? That's where the link is to the vote is. The contents of the email was confirmed last night, it just hasn't been added to the wiki yet, but it's hardly a secret - the same link is used for every election style vote on maemo.org

Very simply, it's http://maemo.org/vote/

Here's the email contents (crafted by Woody i believe, thanks Woody!) for those yet to receive it:

Dear 'member of the incrowd',

The 2012 Maemo.org Coding Competition elections are now open,
and you have received this email as you are eligible to vote. Please note that there are 7 distinct topics/categories, each with their own election, and each with multiple prizes to be awarded.

A full list of candidates, prizes, and rules can be found at:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_coding_competition_2012

Discussions on the competition are at:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83761

HOW TO VOTE
-----------
Voting will run from September 19th through September 27th 2012, 23:59 UTC.

Your voting credentials are:

URL: http://maemo.org/vote/
E-mail: XXXXXX
Vote token: XXXXXX

After authenticating yourself for a category, you can choose your
preferred candidates in order of preference. You will have an opportunity to verify and confirm your vote afterwards.

Once you have confirmed your vote, a unique secret identifier will be given to you which will allow you to verify after the election that your vote was counted correctly.

Once you have voted, you will not be able to vote in the same category/election again. The same token should be used in all categories/elections, but will only allow one vote per category/election.

Thank you for your vote(s)!
^^ The XXXXXX's will be replaced by your email address and super secret voting token.

A word about the super secret voting token - nobody knows what your token is unless you tell someone (please don't tell anyone, or else don't blame me when random votes appear for that app you really hate ). It's the same token for each of the categories.

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-19 at 16:09.

kojacker, is there a chance for post similar to:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=622

...for other categories? I've found, that it's very, very big help, when deciding whom to vote for.

Without any offense, entries in wiki are quite chaotic (not corresponding to categories layout during voting, lack of info for some entries, etc) - it's a pity, that program's authors haven't spent some time to upgrade wiki, describing their entries.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
kojacker, is there a chance for post similar to:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=622

...for other categories? I've found, that it's very, very big help, when deciding whom to vote for.

Without any offense, entries in wiki are quite chaotic (not corresponding to categories layout during voting, lack of info for some entries, etc) - it's a pity, that program's authors haven't spent some time to upgrade wiki, describing their entries.

/Estel
Oh that's my fault Estel, there's a post for all the categories except Updates and Beginners and I simply haven't got around to it yet. It'll be done tonight, and I'll cross check it with the wiki categories too

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Serbia
While I was voting, I have found one minor problem in this post.
There is problem with download instructions links for PowEdit application.
Links are passive and have ending tag shown </p>, which I assume isn't supposed to be shown.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to draxcp6 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by draxcp6 View Post
While I was voting, I have found one minor problem in this post.
There is problem with download instructions links for PowEdit application.
Links are passive and have ending tag shown </p>, which I assume isn't supposed to be shown.
Thanks draxcp6, it seems to have been a paragraph tag stuck on the end of the announce link that I somehow copied and pasted in from the submission - updated now

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas