Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I always hated the GalaxyS. The S2 - well! Could be my new phone! I wonder what HTC is going to hit us with! I'd still like a slide out keyboard... I'm just too attached to the N900 phys keyboard.

So Samsung just screwed up a 2.2 roll out. Also reading I've done on the Galaxy series says they have had GPS issues left and right.

So I'm starting to swing back towards the Atrix. The ability to easily install a custom rom is less important to me than functioning GPS is.

The Following User Says Thank You to dmberta For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Why and how is bada related to anything posted in this thread? People, you should review your tags...

... forgive me if im wrong but doesn the tegra 2 come with 8-Core GPU

same as sammy quad core gpu?

well i dont think there been any test for test yet.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
What advantage does this offer over buying a much more capable laptop for $500? I think the concept has potential but it just isn't there yet.
It's definitely not as competent with desktop apps as an ATOM notebook (next generation devices will be), but for nerds that need a little CLI lovin' it will fit the bill rather nicely.

I personally wouldn't buy the laptop dock, right now it's more of a gimmick. But next generation devices will have ATOM-esque performance, and this type of a setup will make a very attractive mobile workstation solution for general productivity.

Here's a really impressive demo of the Galaxy S2's Exynos driving 1080p 3D:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/03/s...gdc-2011-video

Wow. Very, very, impressive.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Can somebody help me?
What's the difference between ARM Cortex A9 dual core and tegra 2 and mali and orion?
This whole new tech savy stuff is creeping me out, any help?
I want to know...

Originally Posted by XxJacobxX View Post
Can somebody help me?
What's the difference between ARM Cortex A9 dual core and tegra 2 and mali and orion?
I want to know...
In a nutshell, they are all Cortex A9 SoC (system on chip).

The difference is in the design of the SoC as well as the components that are found on it. Eg. The Orion (Exynos 4210) features a Mali 400 GPU, whereas the Tegra 2 (T20) features a GeForce ULV.

I suggest you start at Wikipedia, and then branch out!

Originally Posted by XxJacobxX View Post
Can somebody help me?
I want to know...
I'd have to agree with Capt'n Corrupt, you will need to do some light reading. I was in your same shoes 12 months ago (and back then the Moto Droid was a beast, lol).

You can later see this post that summarizes the SoC's to come, but it's mostly based on figures given by the manufaturers, some benchmarks and even claims/rumours, so they may not be 100% accurate but they're as accurate as they can be for the time being.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=10822670

(If you don't like it, tis alright)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I'd have to agree with Capt'n Corrupt, you will need to do some light reading. I was in your same shoes 12 months ago (and back then the Moto Droid was a beast, lol).

You can later see this post that summarizes the SoC's to come, but it's mostly based on figures given by the manufaturers, some benchmarks and even claims/rumours, so they may not be 100% accurate but they're as accurate as they can be for the time being.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=10822670

(If you don't like it, tis alright)
Wow, made all things straight! The apple A5 chip is the best as I guess (100+ M t/s)

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, bada rulez, bada sux, bada sux cocks, revolution, what's bada?