Notices

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
alarms start of silent at first.

to change color, on the alarm screen, bottom right tap rainbow colored block.
I can see all the buttons on this setting screen but tapping them does nothing. Stylus or finger has no response.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
i'm showing version 0.2.1-1 on mine. All the buttons should work, 12/24 alarm on/off, sound, numbers.

Maybe try a re-install?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
I can see all the buttons on this setting screen but tapping them does nothing. Stylus or finger has no response.
I have the same problem. The only thing which works for me on the settings screen is the 12/24 hour switch.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Anyone who's having odd buttons not working/strange behaviour, try opening up x-term and running flipclock from there:
flipclock

then, drag up to the alarm settings screen and try pressing a button or something, then exit and post up the logs. It sounds like there's something causing flip to fail, usually it's caused by a stale config file from an older installation or something or wrong permissions. Anyways latest right now is the one in extras, should be 0.2.1-1 I believe; I know it's working for most people (including myself), so should just be a small fix.

Thanks!
-Rob

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
here's what I get in xterm. Hope it's helpful....

Code:
 $ flipclock
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/flipclock/flipclock.py:4: RuntimeWarning: import cdrom: No module named cdrom
  import pygame
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/flipclock/flipclock.py:4: RuntimeWarning: import joystick: No module named joystick
  import pygame
Set Dim
ac connected
sent
ac disconnected
python[1901]: GLIB DEBUG ConIc - con_ic_connection_send_event(0x361008, 7f92acd4-2777-4a61-bafa-c7fc8174e27e, WLAN_INFRA, 0)
gfx 146

In addition to the settings buttons not working (except the 12/24 h slider as mentioned) I may have another problem.

I have 'Autolock' loaded and it apprears that Flipclock has a conflict. Even after disabling 'insomniac mode' and exiting Flipclock, my screen will no longer go off and lock when the sensor is covered. It does, however, go off after the 2 munites set in the contol panel.

One other strange thing, this morning my N810 had reverted back to the desktop even though I set Flipclock running in night mode, insomniac and had the charger plugged in.

Any ideas? thanks.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
gazza_d, dfinch, and anyone else with the "Settings don't work" bug: I'll try to get some time to look into it in the next few days, I've been very busy with work and other matters lately and just have not had the time to look back into the code to try and troubleshoot this. Thanks for the patience though, I'll probably be asking for your help to work through some possible solutions but just didn't want you guys to think that you were "on your own" here ;o)

dfinch - I don't have an N810 (only N800s) so I've never tried the autolock app, but I'll try to take a look at it and see what's going on; my guess is that it over-rides/affects the same gconf settings that Flip uses for making insomniac mode operate, and that's probably where the problem is coming from. My guess would be that this is the same problem that caused Flip to crash/exit unexpectedly...
If you have two minutes and it's not too much trouble, would you mind uninstalling autolock for a day and seeing if that fixes both problems? I don't know how difficult it is, but if it's easy to do I'd greatly appreciate the feedback so I can determine if it's a direct conflict or not; and if it's a pain then don't worry I'll do my best to poke through the autolock code when I get some time...

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
I'am curious to know finaly what is the pattern and all code related to blinking led when the application ics launched?

T
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Originally Posted by jolouis View Post

dfinch - I don't have an N810 (only N800s) so I've never tried the autolock app, but I'll try to take a look at it and see what's going on; my guess is that it over-rides/affects the same gconf settings that Flip uses for making insomniac mode operate, and that's probably where the problem is coming from. My guess would be that this is the same problem that caused Flip to crash/exit unexpectedly...
If you have two minutes and it's not too much trouble, would you mind uninstalling autolock for a day and seeing if that fixes both problems? I don't know how difficult it is, but if it's easy to do I'd greatly appreciate the feedback so I can determine if it's a direct conflict or not; and if it's a pain then don't worry I'll do my best to poke through the autolock code when I get some time...

Thanks!
My pleasure, sorry for delay in reply - also lots going on. I'll repost as soon as I get some clear result. Thnaks for your work on this. BTW, I noticed that after a few hours after exiting Flipclock, the autolock resumed normal operation. Autolock can get confused if it activates in the light and the switch gets moved in the dark.
Cheers.

I disabled autolock and it has not given a problem with insom mode or shutdown over night. Of course the settings are not available still. BTW what is the nealy black box on the upper left of the settings screen? It looks a bit like a big fingerprint.

Tags
clock, flip clock