Again, apologies to the board for being a newbie.

I loaded a file of "favorite music" to my new 16g sdhc card. The file manager reads it just fine, but I can't seem to load the entire file into the media player. When I double click on the file, it gives me the content, and then it only plays the content one file at a time.

Is there a workaround for this, other than creating a playlist?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
why don't you use xmms or canola2 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to nhanquy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
I don't get it... So you loaded ONE file to the card and you complain that it only plays one file at a time? How is this related?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nottingham
hello Nokia800newbie. I think you'll find it's all working as planned: open a file from file manager and it will play it, regardless of the directory it is in, or what else is there too. Play an album (as defined in the id3 tags) from the explorer feature of media player, or set up a playlist. Create a really playlist really easily with:
Code:
 ls -1 *.mp3 > MyPlayListName.m3u
and be a little more clever with this which, when run from the directory containing an album or collection of songs, will list them, find those lines ending with mp3 and write the file to a file with the last part of the directory name, presumably the album name
Code:
ls -1|grep -i -e .mp3$>$(basename $PWD).m3u
ls -1 is list files, one per line, "pipe" to grep which matches mp3 or MP3 -i case insensitive and -e extended (so $ matches line end), then direct that to a file, basename is the last part /of/a/directory/path/basename of variable PWD (the present working directory). This line can be saved into a text file, extension .sh and chmod +x myplaylistcreator.sh and run like a macro.

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
I don't get it... So you loaded ONE file to the card and you complain that it only plays one file at a time? How is this related?
Andre,

Sorry for not making myself clear. Let me try again:

I've loaded about 50 .WMA folders, saved at 192 kbps, from around 30 bands onto the SDHC card. Each folder represents one album.

I also have one file of miscellaneous music, some in .MP3 format and others in .WMA format, that contains around 200 of my favorite songs from a variety of artists, some of which duplicated in the 50 folders previously loaded.

When I open the media player, the miscellaneous music files are distributed to the other artists folders or to a misc folder, and the original folder that contained all that music is gone.

When I go to file manager and click on the one folder that holds all this music, the miscellaneous music folder is intact but I cannot get the media player to play the entire folder as if it were an album. When I click on that folder, it lists the individual songs contained therein and plays them one at a time.

Does this make my problem a little clearer?

Media player no longer catalogs the music on your device. Not sure if I understand your problem but could this be a clue?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Use Canola and just add the folder. It will auto scan.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Agree, I have gone over to Canola.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Canola's great if you don't mind giving up your tablet to play music.

Here's what you can do using the default media player: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=14392

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Hey,

I didnt want to start a new thread, so I just wanted to piggy back off the Format subject in this thread. I bought an 32gb SD card for my n810, once I installed the adapter for it I popped in the card and it gave me a message when i clicked on it from the file manager basically saying it wouldnt open it or something ( it was earlier today and i forgot the exact message, and the tablet is at home right now ) although there wasnt anything on it. my question do I need to ReFormat this card for the tablet, and if so in what format and how.

Thanks,

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-07-16 at 12:51.