Notices

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mauritania
Where can I down load this application for Nokia N900?

Many thanks and Jezakoum Allah Khayran

Abdallah

Originally Posted by mohannad View Post
After battling with C++ and Qt for a few weeks I am pleased to announce that I finally have a working and stable prayer time calculator app for the N900. For the time being im calling it PrayerTime, that name will change.

http://mohannadh.blogspot.com/2010/0...rayertime.html

Feel free to test it and post any comments you have or bugs u come across.

You will be prompted for the latitude, longitude and timezone of your location when you run the app for the first time.

Note: this is not the final version so excuse the lack of functionality

------------------------

EDIT: 03/04/2010

http://mohannadh.blogspot.com/2010/0...rayertime.html

There is now an 'Options' screen which gives the user access to the application configurations. I've added an option for the user to switch between 12Hr and 24Hr formats. I've also added functionality to allow different prayer time calculation methods based on the globally accepted Islamic conventions. The 'Auto Configure' button doesn't work yet, I'll hopefully have it functioning in the next version.

------------------------

EDIT: 05/04/2010

Application uploaded to extras-devel

------------------------

EDIT: 19/04/2010

Fixed issue with time zone only taking whole numbers. Time zones with decimals are now allowed. Thanks to drasu for pointing this out .

------------------------

EDIT: 30/04/2010

mprayertime 0.1.1-6

Fixed issue with asr juristiction setting not working. Thanks to drasu for pointing this out .

------------------------

EDIT: 31/05/2010

The options screen layout is messed up as a result of pr1.2 (Qt 4.6.2). I am working on resolving this, should have a new version soon.

------------------------

EDIT: 20/06/2010

Options screen issue fixed. mPrayerTime 0.2-12 uploaded to extras-dev

Originally Posted by ABDALLAH View Post
Where can I down load this application for Nokia N900?

Many thanks and Jezakoum Allah Khayran

Abdallah
Salaam Abdallah,

You need to enable the Extras-devel repository, mPrayerTime can be found there.

If you dont have Extras-devel you can enable it as follows:
1. Open the Application manager
2. Hit the title bar to display the application manager menu
3. Hit Application catalogs
4. Add a new catalog with the following details:
Catalog name: Maemo Extras-devel
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel
Distribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free

في ميزان حسناتك ان شاء مالك الملك........

I am pleased to announce the latest added feature to mPrayerTime: command line output!

usage: [path/to/mprayertime] nogui [lfsdami]

What does this feature bring?
Well, a whole lot of people have been asking me to add a desktop widget to mPrayertime. Since mPrayerTime was developed using Qt, extending the application to include a desktop widget wouldnt have been too difficult. However the limitations of Qt widgets on Maemo (the biggest one being that you have to reload the widget every time you restart the phone) made me look for a different approach. I wanted the widget to be as customisable as possible, but that would mean that I had to write a LOT of code which requires time and that is the one thing I seem to always be running out of. And then it hit me! Why not just output the times to the command line and let the users (using the QueenBeeCon widget) display them in what ever way they like! So thats what I did in version 0.4-1.

How do I display the prayertimes on my homescreen?
Simple!
  1. Make sure you have mPrayerTime installed and configured
  2. Download Queen BeeCon Widget from the Extras repos if you dont already have it installed.
  3. Add a new Queen BeeCon Widget to one of your homescreens
  4. Edit the added widget by long-pressing an empty area on your homescreen and then pressing the spanner logo on the bottom left of the widget
  5. Add a new command by hitting the "Add Cmd" button.
  6. Give your command a title (eg: mPrayerTime) and the following command:
    /usr/bin/mprayertime nogui lfsdami
  7. Hit save
  8. Hit Save & Run.
The prayer times should appear in your widget.
You can modify the settings of the widget to suit your preferences.

What if I dont want to display all the times?
If you noticed the weird "lfsdami" (no this is not a typo) command used in the instructions above, this is what allows you to specify what times you want to print out.
l = Show Labels
f = Print Fajr time
s = Print Shurooq time
d = Print Duhr time
a = Print Asr time
m = Print Magrib time
i = Print Ishaa time

If you want to have arabic labels instead of the default english, you can create a picture with arabic words and use that as your widget background. Then run the command above without the "l" (i.e. fsdami).

Thats all for now. Ill be looking forward to hearing some feedback from anyone who wishes to test this.

Thank you all for testing mPrayerTime

Ramadan Mubarak!
Attached Images

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mohannad View Post
I am pleased to announce the latest added feature to mPrayerTime: command line output!

usage: [path/to/mprayertime] nogui [lfsdami]

What does this feature bring?
Well, a whole lot of people have been asking me to add a desktop widget to mPrayertime. Since mPrayerTime was developed using Qt, extending the application to include a desktop widget wouldnt have been too difficult. However the limitations of Qt widgets on Maemo (the biggest one being that you have to reload the widget every time you restart the phone) made me look for a different approach. I wanted the widget to be as customisable as possible, but that would mean that I had to write a LOT of code which requires time and that is the one thing I seem to always be running out of. And then it hit me! Why not just output the times to the command line and let the users (using the QueenBeeCon widget) display them in what ever way they like! So thats what I did in version 0.4-1.

How do I display the prayertimes on my homescreen?
Simple!
  1. Make sure you have mPrayerTime installed and configured
  2. Download Queen BeeCon Widget from the Extras repos if you dont already have it installed.
  3. Add a new Queen BeeCon Widget to one of your homescreens
  4. Edit the added widget by long-pressing an empty area on your homescreen and then pressing the spanner logo on the bottom left of the widget
  5. Add a new command by hitting the "Add Cmd" button.
  6. Give your command a title (eg: mPrayerTime) and the following command:
    /usr/bin/mprayertime nogui lfsdami
  7. Hit save
  8. Hit Save & Run.
The prayer times should appear in your widget.
You can modify the settings of the widget to suit your preferences.

What if I dont want to display all the times?
If you noticed the weird "lfsdami" (no this is not a typo) command used in the instructions above, this is what allows you to specify what times you want to print out.
l = Show Labels
f = Print Fajr time
s = Print Shurooq time
d = Print Duhr time
a = Print Asr time
m = Print Magrib time
i = Print Ishaa time

If you want to have arabic labels instead of the default english, you can create a picture with arabic words and use that as your widget background. Then run the command above without the "l" (i.e. fsdami).

Thats all for now. Ill be looking forward to hearing some feedback from anyone who wishes to test this.

Thank you all for testing mPrayerTime

Ramadan Mubarak!

PLEASE HELP!
because i am a genius, i thought "why not try this with desktop command widget" i added the script then it didnt show anything in stead it opened mprayertime app. and every time i closed it, it opened. i deleted the widget but still the app opens every time i close it. i rebooted but STILL!! it opens every time i close it and also most of the widgets on my desktops are invisible.

what should i do? please help

mohannad do the prayer times dynamically update on the widget from the mprayertime app?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
This isn't userfriendly...
Is it possible to make something so that everyone can handle it?

assalaamualaykum
akhee i have followed your instructions as above but i dont get the prayer names to show, how do i fix this please?

Originally Posted by mmoomm View Post
PLEASE HELP!
because i am a genius, i thought "why not try this with desktop command widget" i added the script then it didnt show anything in stead it opened mprayertime app. and every time i closed it, it opened. i deleted the widget but still the app opens every time i close it. i rebooted but STILL!! it opens every time i close it and also most of the widgets on my desktops are invisible.

what should i do? please help
I dont see why it wouldnt work with the desktop command widget.

Did you have mPrayerTime installed and configured before you attempted to load the times using the widget?

By default if the application doesnt see the configuration file it will open up the main application window.

I hope this helps

Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
mohannad do the prayer times dynamically update on the widget from the mprayertime app?
Hi xuggs,
You can set the Queen BeeCon widget to update every given time interval, so you can set it to update every 24 hours.