Active Topics

Unfortunately I've only managed to get my dad a GV account (he lives in the US), and that's what I'm using the send invites out... when I get them.

Release to the UK!!

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I've been looking for one, if someone could send me one, I'd be sooooo greatful!

I should have some invites to Google Voice if needed.

EDIT: Gave away my last one. Waiting to be "credited" with invites...
+1 to bandora

GW are the ones that are really in short supply.

Last edited by linuxeventually; 2009-10-18 at 08:30.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
From what I just read, every GV person gets three invites, but doesn't mean you'll get them as soon as you join GV, could take day, week(s).

That idea would be awesome, we could get the entire maemo community invites and make all those iPhone users cry like little baby's as we bath in the glory that is the N900 and Google Voice.
If that's the case, I've got three to hand out.

Where can I find out more about my account in Google Voice?

Still waiting on Google Wave however. Sent in three requests about a week ago.

Any extras won't be needed so I'll share those too if they ever come.

I just learnt about Google Wave and Voice function, hopefully anyone with a spare invite won't discriminate against late comer I really fancy a Wave or Voice invite.

Last edited by tenoclock; 2010-10-28 at 04:48.

Originally Posted by tenoclock View Post
I just learnt about Google Wave and Voice function, hopefully anyone with a spare invite won't discriminate against late comer I really fancy a Wave or Voice invite.
You know, Google Voice is definitely a smile for me.

The thing is, I'm still not all too sure on how to use it correctly on the tablet.

Right now, Dial Central is the only thing I have to lean on. Is anyone using their Voice account with a different setup?

Thanks!

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I would LOVE and much appreciate if someone could send me an invite to Google Voice..

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
If that's the case, I've got three to hand out.

Where can I find out more about my account in Google Voice?

Still waiting on Google Wave however. Sent in three requests about a week ago.

Any extras won't be needed so I'll share those too if they ever come.
If Google has given you the invites already, once you log into GV it'll be on the left hand side of the inbox.

I thought I would have them as soon as I had setup the account but apparently Google will be giving them out over a period of time.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
You know, Google Voice is definitely a smile for me.

The thing is, I'm still not all too sure on how to use it correctly on the tablet.

Right now, Dial Central is the only thing I have to lean on. Is anyone using their Voice account with a different setup?

Thanks!
I've set my number up so when someone calls my GV number my cell as well as my home phone rings. If I pick up the call on my cell phone and want to transfer over to home phone ( if my cell battery is running low ), all I have to do is press a button, pick up my house phone, then end the call on my cell, and the caller will never know that I have switched from my cell phone to my house phone...it's awesome!

If someone calls and leaves a message on my GV voicemail, the message will get transcribed into an email and text message and go directly to my cell phone, same goes with SMS ( is also sent to you via email ).

GV is ****ing awesome, best service ever. Plus I can SMS directly from my computer when I'm signed in. If I go somewhere and don't want to use my minutes on T-Mobile I simply call my GV number, enter my pin, hit #2 and dial the number I want to call and bingo, I make the call without ever using my minutes ( I have my fav 5 ).

So technically speaking you could never run out of cellular minutes, ever again!

-Socrates 469 BC

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
If Google has given you the invites already, once you log into GV it'll be on the left hand side of the inbox.

I thought I would have them as soon as I had setup the account but apparently Google will be giving them out over a period of time.
Oh shoot dude! Thanks! I never even looked that way!

Yeah, I've got three of them!

Tags
generosity, giving, google voice, invitations, invites, panhandling, pathetic beggars