I guess TJC would be the place if it's wanted on existing player... it could be done on original media player as additional way of sorting music (wasn't in open sourced too?). Similar approach is used on Parrot MKi 9100 streaming hands free system.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@pichlo,

I use andless (android app from f-droid). does it just fine..

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not sure where else to ask this...

Can you suggest a very simple, folder (as opposed to tracker/media database/MP3 tag/whatever) based music player? Something that does not care about tags, media art and all that cr&p. Something I can navigate to a folder and say, "play this". Something like Symfonie, for example.
I would like even not having a tracker, and for photos/videos just when you go to a folder, thumbs not already done are generated and saved for next time.

For music I would like to have folder loading (including recursive loading), current playlist management (adding and removing songs or folders), stop when disconnecting headphones, and continue when reconnecting them, autoplay when opening app in the song and time where it was when you last closed it. personally I don't care about saving/loading playlists, tracking or even tags and media art. Having it could be great, while I can manage my music by folders.

I am not rich but I would donate something for that features. If they are implemented in the original media player, it would be fantabulous!

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Not sure where else to ask this...

Can you suggest a very simple, folder (as opposed to tracker/media database/MP3 tag/whatever) based music player? Something that does not care about tags, media art and all that cr&p. Something I can navigate to a folder and say, "play this". Something like Symfonie, for example.
Filetug. It's a file browser with embeds players. When you start a music with it, when it will be finished, the player will read the next one in the folder.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Filetug. It's a file browser with embeds players. When you start a music with it, when it will be finished, the player will read the next one in the folder.
Excellent, thank you! Exactly what I wanted. Goodbye, default media player!

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I see that when Filetug plays the last song of a folder it begin again with the first of that folder.

Not enought for me. Maybe I will look for an Android player...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I agree it is undesirable but less so than spoiling my Jolla by letting Android touch it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
I agree it is undesirable but less so than spoiling my Jolla by letting Android touch it.
+1 for admirable attitude

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Just created my first ”question” on tjc
https://together.jolla.com/question/...mail-accounts/

And when I used password as search criterion I got swindles !

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
random but.. I don't know what I did to my jolla, but the app drawer was able to rotate landscape

I thought it was a new feature that I just never realised was there..

but then after opening an app.. and went back to the app drawer.. its locked to portrait again...

wonder how I got it to go landscape. was excited for a second lol

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience