Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
If it will work, I can sponsor a 64Gb black N9.
It is in good (as new) condition - but, I dont have the box
Not locked etc etc, it is a spare phone - which I can live without for this purpose

/Niel
Dear Sir, are you're selling it?

no offense but n9 never had any decent community effort , ever.

I remember when n900 came out in '09 there were hell'a ton ports , emulators , hacks that even allowed for cable ethernet..

We are over glorifying people that add a few numbers on the standby screen or making a whatsapp replica.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by denizg View Post

I remember when n900 came out in '09 there were hell'a ton ports , emulators , hacks that even allowed for cable ethernet..

We are over glorifying people that add a few numbers on the standby screen or making a whatsapp replica.
And you're understating the effort the community put into making the N9 a usable daily driver.

Also the community made much more than whatsapp and billboard. Please read through the forums before talking out of your hat. The diff between the N9 and the N900 is that meego is a bit more closed conpared to maemo.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

is devs being hit on here? or Nokia for their faillure to open the device and supporting community effort ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
is devs being hit on here? or Nokia for their faillure to open the device and supporting community effort ?
Idk. I am just pissed in general. When I went to an iphone 4 in '10 , I never looked back because it got the job done.

Never thought in my lifetime there would be a sucessor for the n900 , and on wiki 3 weeks ago I saw it. So I bought a 64gb n9 in a heartbeat , even though it costed a bit much.

I guess you could say I am pissed at both , but mainly at nokia , because devs have no motivation for them killing maemo 6..

But I expected more from this community , especially a MAEMO 6 DOWNLOADS section on maemo.org..

I mean n900 was really exciting.. I was running early osx , a unique emulator , and some 90s rpg ported to it..

This feels like a iphone copy , with a little better multitasking than ios.. Idk there just is nothing more to it , not more to discover about the device or applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to denizg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Idk. I am just pissed in general. When I went to an iphone 4 in '10 , I never looked back because it got the job done.

This feels like a iphone copy , with a little better multitasking than ios.. Idk there just is nothing more to it , not more to discover about the device or applications.
My god, you went there.

iPhones don't belong on TMO, they belong on Apple forums. If you don't like your N9, why don't you just return it or sell it? It's not like you're obligated to keep it. Devs are in need of devices like the one you have, and if you don't want it, get rid of it. No need to bash it because you're comparing it to a flagship device of the No. 1 company in the world. Apple has:
  • More money and more resources
  • Only one phone brand (flagship)
  • A closed source OS

Don't compare MeeGo to iOS, the two are nothing alike.

Sorry if I sound rude, but you're seriously asking far too much from the community. The N9 is a much less hackable device, although it is somewhat hackable after openmode. If you prefer your N900, stick to that. New content comes out for it all the time, just as frequently as the N9.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
Apple has:
  • More money and more resources
  • Only one phone brand (flagship)
  • A closed source OS
  • A powerful PR department that twists every fact to their advantage

You forgot this important bullet point, especially talking about ccomparisons.

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide

That's not because of the community. It's because of Nokia.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
That's not because of the community. It's because of Nokia.
Just lost my work and work mobile (=N9) since the company I worked for got bankruptcy this week :/ Glad I bought my Jolla in private.

And Btw. the person you replied just talk ********, the N9 community still alive:

* https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo#Nemo_Mobile
* http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90761

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Just lost my work and work mobile (=N9) since the company I worked for got bankruptcy this week :/
Bad news Mike, hope you will get another job soon.