Hi to all!

I am from Serbia and my english in not so good,please understand me...
I have big problem with my n9. Original charger is dead and i charge my n9 on computer. And what is the worst thing,THE POWER BUTTON cant work. It stock somewhere in and didnt work when i pull it. I been at work and phone was shutdown because i dont have charger in this time.

Now,the problem is i cant power on the phone.

What can i do? I read this post http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86653&page=5 but there is no solution for solve this my problem. I try flasher -R but no,try with flasher.exe to enable rd but nothing happend.

When i put usb to charge phone white led start for a while and shutdown. And that is all. When i tap screen or pull button for sound - vibrate start and few sec.the meni for android os is there and when i take the button for sound + to boot android nothing's happend only black screen.

PLEASE HELP ME! Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
Thanks for reply but no,it isnt stuck in pressed position. I press it milion time but nothing.
Because it works for two weeks like that with stuck button but i charged phone every day just for this reason if shutdown i will have problem. And it hapend...

Last edited by bevepe; 2015-02-16 at 23:52.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by bevepe View Post
... I try flasher -R but no ...
That is just too much information.

flasher -R
will start a phone with power button problem.
So I guess you ran your battery fully flat (using nitdroid?).
Search the forum for charge dead battery with flasher. Take care to cancel (ctrl-c) when reaching 10%.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I try to flash phone (i read post from some forum exactly for this case with battery) but no results. I download firmware,put it in flasher folder and start flasher with comand flasher.exe -f -F firmware name.bin.
He start to work ,go go go and stop when i must put usb for second time to start flash or what to do,no way to start this proces.

Just : Suitable USB interface <phonet> not found,waiting...

I put usb 30 times but nothing.

When first time search for phone i put usb and it work but now cant.

What to do?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I am not sure about your description, but if your device is out-of-battery so much it cannot boot, I suggest trying the following command:
"flasher.exe -c -f -F firmware.bin"
(and note, you need to run this in "admin console" or whatever it is they call it in windoze....)

Only after this connect the USB cable.

If the flasher finds the device, it will start counting %-of charge, and when it reaches 9% or 10% or so, stop the process by <ctrl-c> or disconnect the cable.

Now you have enough power to start the device, and you can connect it to normal charger and it will charge.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I am not sure about your description, but if your device is out-of-battery so much it cannot boot, I suggest trying the following command:
"flasher.exe -c -f -F firmware.bin"
(and note, you need to run this in "admin console" or whatever it is they call it in windoze....)

Only after this connect the USB cable.

If the flasher finds the device, it will start counting %-of charge, and when it reaches 9% or 10% or so, stop the process by <ctrl-c> or disconnect the cable.

Now you have enough power to start the device, and you can connect it to normal charger and it will charge.
Yes,i do this. Now i have power for start but when i disconect and connect usb white led start blinking and NOKIA text apear and that is for few sec,and nothing just black screen.

What next? I am in good route a think.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
So it still does not start to charge... odd.

Can you start up the device with flasher; "flasher.exe -R" should do that if I remember correctly

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
So it still does not start to charge... odd.

Can you start up the device with flasher; "flasher.exe -R" should do that if I remember correctly
Look,when i start flashing it goes good and batery is 0% and i wait it to 10% and ctrl+c. After this it charge for 2 hours (white led blink),and i dont touch phone. Now when i remove usb he start to boot (nokia in centar on phone etc) and just black screen.

New problem,now when i put usb in,nothing 's hapen... White led not blink now and comp cant see the phone...And i cant do with flasher -R comand...

Hmm, okay. Too bad the power button is damaged, as it might be you'd need to fully cycle power OFF on it.

Have you anything special on the phone, like multiboot, backupmenu, anything like that?
Or is it just plain vanilla Harmattan?