Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Westhampton, MA
Hmm, if you are daring... (and CAREFUL!)

You could take those Stylii that you have that are scratching the screen and hold the points to a lighter flame (probably not in the flame but close, and be sure to rotate it in you finger-tips as plastic goes to liquid and will want to drip) just long enough to melt the tip. Give the stylus sufficient time to cool down and set-up that should give you back a nice smooth surface.

*********Disclaimer**************
Poster can not be held accountable for
any damage or personal injury in regard
to the suggestion above.
********/Disclaimer**************

I'd say, get one of the name-brand expensive ones, not the multi-packs. If they're not designed to wear out, they don't, it seems.
AbiWord on Maemo beta now available - contact me to help fix bugs!

Well, I've only had it on for a few weeks, but I went Boxwave Anti-glare, and am very happy with it.

I'd initially (for about 6 months) been of the who-needs-a-screen protector camp, and mainly had no trouble, but as time passed, I realized I was careless more often than I had thought, and wasn't improving. I moved to the wish-I'd-gotten-one-before-it-got-scratched camp, but finally I went on a spree and bought two new N800s (a refurb, and a very lightly-used), and bought a half-dozen boxwaves; one for each tablet, and some extras. Can't comment on durability yet, but sunlight readability now exists, and everything but the car-keys gouge () is completely hidden; the boxwaves have a silicone rubber backing, which not only allows multiple application attempts, but also fills scratches excellently. The stylus works flawlessly even over the still-visible gouge.

It's never too late!

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Thanks Benson, I decided not to scrimp on the price, but there are lots of screen protectors for around the same price, so im getting the exact one you suggested for my n810.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
thanks so looking at it i should get a box wave

and for melting my stylus i dont think thats a good idea

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I like the idea of melting the stylus tip, and wish I thought my one remaining stylus needed it.

Does anybody know how to get boxwave protectors in the UK?

You can order directly from the boxwave site. I ordered some other stuff from them and they shipped it to The Netherlands.

EDIT: Just saw they have a 3-pack for $27.95 and shipping outside US and Canada is $7 which makes $ 34.95 or roughly GBP 19 or EUR 24 which is not too bad...

Last edited by bousch; 2008-08-15 at 16:16.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Tehran-Iran
well

go and buy a PSP screen protector

cut it and use it for ur device

i have it about 5 months and it's the best protector

But Thinking About A 64 GB !!!!

Os 2008 Chinook,I Have't Trust To Diablo!??

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
well

go and buy a PSP screen protector

cut it and use it for ur device

i have it about 5 months and it's the best protector
I tried one of those and for some reason my D-pad went berserk until I took it off again. If you're cutting protectors to size, be very precise.

Also, the PSP does not have a touchscreen; I wonder if this makes a difference for the quality of its screen protectors.