Active Topics

Is PR 1.3 supposed to wipe the phone clean ? I just installed it via Nokia Software update and it has cleaned all my installed applications, widgets, themes etc etc. How do I get them back ? I tried restoring my last backup and it brought back the contacts and calender but in the application list everything is greyed out.

HEEEEEEEEELPPP !!!

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
have you enabled all the repos? you had your backup stored on a micro sd card?

Well apparently only OTA update retains all your data,
i did that and none of my data or app is gone..

what did you use to backup your data anyway?

Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
have you enabled all the repos? you had your backup stored on a micro sd card?
Under catalog, it does not even list all the repos that I added. No, I did not back up microSD, I believe it was on N900. It did restore my contacts, pictures, mp3s etc but none of apps.

Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
Well apparently only OTA update retains all your data,
i did that and none of my data or app is gone..

what did you use to backup your data anyway?
I used the builtin backup app.

Same thing happened to me too... I think it was some repo issues... I got frustrated and just installed apps one by one, which is actually a good thing because it made me realized how little I used most of the random programs I had installed.

EDIT: what's weird is that AppMan won't restore all my apps... but I can install them one by one, which means the repos ARE working just fine

Just started the app manager and tried restoring apps and now it seems to be working and most of my apps are showing up but still there are quite few that are grayed out. Maybe they are incompatible with the new firmware