Active Topics

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Cloud = Internet.

Wonder what the buzzword will be 5 years from now?
Hot Air?, Wind?, Steam? or Cloud Cuckooland.

That UI looks amazing! Sucks that we wont get to see it on a real device.

I have a feeling this video was leaked by an one of the 10000 people nokia fired last week.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
To me the concept seems to be either a cloud-based virtual machine ('the apps are on the cloud so you never need to update) that you vnc into on the various devices, or a google docs type scenario.

Which is a great idea apart from when you have no reception, then it's a very **** idea, and for that reason I'm out.

They must have thought about how the devices would work when not connected to the cloud surely? Some apps do not require the need for a network connection such as many games, and for others they would work in an offline mode until it connected to the cloud and could be paired across devices again.

As for other online-only apps for stuff like facebook, well it would be no different to todays devices.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I think the OP added the Youtube link after you read the first post, have a look. Texrat probably has it nailed when he says it looks like a concept video.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Thanks mrsellout. I'm back at my pc now (was posting from n9 earlier). I watched the vid before my last post but still made me wonder "what if no connection" too?

Still, all we can do is dream now.

stephen elop probably already killing it.

i mean how long until someone can sue him for fraud?

this lie have gone for too long now. its too obvious

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Looks like sth we might see when the age of web apps arrives. Could happen in a few years or never.

Certainly not meltemi, and probably not Qt.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Costa RIca
Sad... i remember when Nokia was always showing new and awesome things on this an that expo.... all kind of crazy hw prototypes an whatnot....

Really, whatever M$ touches becomes sand....

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Brrr, yet again the "cloud" buzzword. Unbelievable how all that cloud-crap (== rain?) attracts the crowds. There hasn't been more vendor-lock-in and a larger single point of failure in a long time. I want to choose my own services, thank you very much.
I Got own Cloud. Synology 112. 1 TB