Active Topics

I've been trying for the last few hours to get my N810 into flash mode so I can reflash it because I'm having some really serious problems, including but not limited to - not being able to install anything.

Anyway... even though I have to put up with my N810 not turning on for 10 mins 90% of the time after shutting it off, when I am able to turn it back on, I can't get it into flash mode where the little USB icon is shown on the white boot screen. I'm holding down the swap button then powering on, but for some reason I won't go into the mode, it just boots like normal. I've been able to get into the mode before but something isn't working now. I've tried it at least 5 times now, every time it boots up I have to shut it off and wait a while until it decides to power up.

Not to long ago (a few hours) I reformatted my internal card using the formatter on my computer. Hopefully you can do that and I didn't break something... it hasn't had any effect on the N810 except maybe not allowing me to get to the boot mode... did reformatting the internal card do something?

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
How (and why the h?) did you reformat it on your computer?
What file system?
PLEASE use the Wiki

FAT32. I thought it was a standard memory card embedded in the device, I didn't think it would be too much of an issue. I hope my careless thinking didn't bork my device : (

I just plugged it in via USB and right click on the memory card and refomatted.

I just transfered a picture to it from my computer and I can view it on the N810 with no problem... it seems to be functioning normally.

Last edited by Benz145; 2008-02-11 at 02:08.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Isn't it the "home" button you should hold down?

Reading from the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard it says -

"Press and hold the swap key and switch on the device"

The icon on the Software Update Wizard in this step is a house with the icon of the two squares in the middle of it. This corresponds to the upper button on the face of the N810, above the button with the arrow. Are we talking about the same button?

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Yes, the upper button. On the N800 that same button just has a Home icon on it, so I guess I always think of it as home. You have to power it on while holding that button down *and* usb has to be connected already. Beyond that I'm not sure what to think.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moonshine For This Useful Post:
Oh wow it looks like having it connected before powering on is key, silly mistake! Thanks very much for helping me find the problem.

Hi, I am using N810 from Singtel and I too can't update to Diablo using the updater from Nokia Singapore. I have already sent to Nokia Care Centre and they are still checking. They did tell me that if they can't update, I would be stuck with the firmware from Singtel. I don't have a linux computer and I wondering if any kind souls could advise any other ways. Thanks in advance!