Active Topics

Notices

Hi there,

A humble request for assistance, please:

After installing the update to liqcalendar I can no longer run the program on my N810. This is not good as I have all the dates and deadlines for pretty much the whole year set out on here. If I uninstall the program and reinstall, I'm worried I'll lose the data. I've tried reversing the update by reinstalling the previous package but it hasn't helped. All that happens is it says 'starting liqcalendar' in the little notification box (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't), and then nothing happens. Lcuk or anyone - any ideas? I know very little about using the terminal as I haven't really had time to get to know it, so please explain things carefully to me!

Thanks

Jack

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
hey there

please try running liqcalendar from the console and send me the log

liqcalendar-run.sh >/home/user/MyDocs/liqlog.txt

Can't connect to internet on n810 or via usb due to being at the office etc, but it seems to load ok until:
./liqcalendar: symbol lookup error: ./liqcalendar: undefined symbol: mkmeta_title

Is that enough for you to see the problem? If not I'll put the full log up once I'm home.

Cheers!

thats enough thanks and apologies, when I next get near a scratchbox (hopefully later) I will push an update to rectify.

Ace, thanks man. Liqcalendar/liqbase are completely awesome by the way, so thanks a whole lot for that too. You're keeping an extremely busy man afloat!

I don't suppose there's anything I can do myself to sort this out quickly? I'm a bit out at sea without my dates... Cheers!

hold on, will try and push to -devel

jack,

http://maemo.org/packages/view/liqcalendar/
in -devel is already updated to version 0.1.1 which should not have this problem
I thought it was because I had not pushed to diablo, but that does not appear to be the case
can you confirm the versions of liqcalendar and libliqbase1 you have installed on your system.

It was updating to 0.1.1 that stopped the application working. I then tried rolling back but that made no difference, so I tried again with the update and it's still broken. I can't find libliqbase1 in the applications manager but I just tried to install some various version of it from the garage page and it says that it's installed already or it's an incompatible package. Sorry I'm being a bit of a cretin about this, I should invest more time into learning about this stuff but my entire life is taken up with teaching and music technology at the moment!

Many thanks

The version it says is currently installed is 0.3.63