Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland

WTF? The message you entere is to short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
It's to keep trolls from making wasteful posts, and for that matter to keep non-trolls from making wasteful posts. I think a single-smiley post does qualify as wasteful to be honest, but it's a context thing.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Anyway, I went to GMail today from my N900 all happy and expecting it to look like it does on my computer. No luck. Now it defaults to mobile.
Yes, most Google apps do try now to default to the mobile version for the N900. The default user agent string used by the microB browser is,

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv7l; en-US; rv:1.9.2b6pre) Gecko/20100318 Firefox/3.5 Maemo Browser 1.7.4.8 RX-51 N900
If you change the user agent string to that used by Mozilla's Fennec browser for the N900,

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv7l; en-US; rv:1.9.2.1) Gecko/20100330 Firefox/3.6.1  Fennec/1.0.1
that appears – for now, at least – gives you the desktop versions of the Google Apps. You can change the user agent string by installing the addon "Hide user Agent" from the maemo repositories.

This surely may have some other side-effects... we'll see!

--denis

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delaroca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ England
in the UK here, i get this problem when using a 3G connection or WiFi

very annoyed about this.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
Yes, most Google apps do try now to default to the mobile version for the N900. The default user agent string used by the microB browser is,

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv7l; en-US; rv:1.9.2b6pre) Gecko/20100318 Firefox/3.5 Maemo Browser 1.7.4.8 RX-51 N900
If you change the user agent string to that used by Mozilla's Fennec browser for the N900,

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv7l; en-US; rv:1.9.2.1) Gecko/20100330 Firefox/3.6.1  Fennec/1.0.1
that appears – for now, at least – gives you the desktop versions of the Google Apps. You can change the user agent string by installing the addon "Hide user Agent" from the maemo repositories.

This surely may have some other side-effects... we'll see!

--denis
[Medicine Fine Print Announcer Voice]
Side effects may include the inability to use the Ovi Store, and/or other Nokia websites. The workaround is simply to change your User Agent back to the one prescribed by Nokia.
[/Voice]
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
So basicily, i've lost the ability to use my Glabs setup for my GOOG accounts. Because of them.
No fault of the machine,just fault of the browser scripting.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
So far, mail.google.com/?ui=2 works fine and takes you to desktop version of GMail. All the other online Google services take us to mobile versions now too, last I checked, but at least in those you can click "desktop" in the view selection and it works from there.

But in the meantime, feel free to bug Google about it.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-07-06 at 13:56. Reason: Typo fix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
GMAIL MICROB
1. enter url about:config
2. accept warning
3. search for google
4. edit ua.policy.mail.google.com
5. correct at the end Firefox/0.8 to Firefox/3.6.6
6. restart microb
7. gmail.com -> scroll down and switch to Basic HTML Mode

Enjoy!

The Following User Says Thank You to taril For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
will that give me access to my Glabs setup? because I can get to basic HTML without this.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
will that give me access to my Glabs setup? because I can get to basic HTML without this.
mobile basic html is different!
follow my instruction to access desktop version of gmail.