Hi everyone,
Im new with this linux and n900 .. after reading stuff in here, i think N900 is a great device, and I decided to buy N900 next week(im kinda left behind here.). The thing is I've read some rumors that N950 will be released.. is this true? should I wait for N950 or just buy the N900..

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
you can buy the N900 (if possible) to have an overview of what the N950 will be. It will permits you to be familiar with linux OS, and command lines.
As for me, I already have the N900 and I will wait for a long time before buying the N950. I prefer to wait if there will be a lot of Apps or games or tweaks for this phone. So if you have a lot of money, you can buy the N900 now and then the N950!!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Assuming you're not filthy rich, the proper answer is probably to wait.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
...and wait... and wait... given the news lately, I'd suggest just looking elsewhere. The N900 is getting older and less relevant and capable than everything else out there, while the N950 looks less and less likely with all the Microsoft lip-flapping lately.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Well I doubt you'll find another device with a community behind it such as the N900.
I would wait at least until after a possible N9/50 announcement next week. Unless, as danramos points out, blowing $500 this week, then another $800 next month or so is easy for you!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
No using tags for personal attacks, kids.

Tags
promises, wait and wait