@mosen
Thank you, it seems you searched much more than me.
But maybe I should explain what was meant: A trademark is sometime more the commercial name than the product itself. Rolex for example use the name Rolesor for a red gold compounding that doesn't change color after some time (they say). But for sure you can use the same additional materials or.at.least change a little percent of the components and sale it. But you can't call it Rolesor.
So maybe Turing can apply some similar procedure but not.call it Liquidmetal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
This whole discussion just makes me wonder what the point of giving stupid names to anything remotely technology-related even is. Imagine going to a hobby shop, "hello sir can I interest you in our newest drill model, it's made of pure liquidmorphium(tm)(r)(c)". Does 'liquid' even hold any meaning anymore? Do the people responsible for these names know that a liquid is basically the one thing you don't want to associate with a phone?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Names matter and Apple knows how to milk it. Just look at their "pressure sensitive" technology. It has been around for decades, known as "resistive". Now Apple comes along, digs it out from archives, gives it a new name and the masses swoon.

Troubles start when someone else tries to do the same. Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
A trademark is sometime more the commercial name than the product itself.
Correct, let me be more clear on the difference between Trademark and Patent.
I myself own a trademark 'moSushi' being a name for the services and products i offer.

If Sushi was a patented food by say Kraft Foods, i would have to pay fees for even using the phrase Sushi.
Even more so if i prepare the food touching patented utility models, meaning it looks like Kraft Foods Sushi, prepared in an equal way or with equal ingredients.

Now TRI naming its alloy "Liquidmorphium" as a trademark may be allowed.
But they still need to prove making the alloy does not contradict other patents.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Do you have some links to prove it?
No. Sorry. My mistake... 8M was still quite near what i've heard before... Again, sorry...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Does 'liquid' even hold any meaning anymore?
For what I understand, the "liquid" part in various trade names given to amorphous alloys references their amorphic structure, unusual for metals (typically quite regular crystals), but common in liquids -- even apparently "solid", as glass. They have some interesting (for metals) properties, for one -- excellent thermoplasticity at relatively low temperatures, with no hard melting point (just like glass compared to steel -- there is a reason one can blow glass, but steel has to be mauled).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to briest For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Names matter and Apple knows how to milk it. Just look at their "pressure sensitive" technology. It has been around for decades, known as "resistive". Now Apple comes along, digs it out from archives, gives it a new name and the masses swoon.
They're not using resistive screens like old Nokia phones. Those used a flexible layer which you pushed against another layer creating a circuit.

Apple use a glass front with a capacitive screen and 96 strain gauges. It doesn't just know where you're pressing, it knows how hard.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Story continues:

http://www.sss.fi/2016/03/turing-rob...n-toukokuussa/

SSS has done a short interview with Turing's CEO. According to article, new jobs at Salo will be openly advertised (hopefully that was correct translation for "avoin haku") in May, but Turing will be hiring people already before that.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
More of the same, the CEO claims that they favor people who have worked in Nokia factory previously and that the company already owns the production machinery.

http://www.tivi.fi/Kaikki_uutiset/ss...kuussa-6310366

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone