Active Topics

Notices

Long press was my first idea since it is not used for anything else in the UI
Long press is unsed to lock rotation of screen, it`s very usefull in galary, if picture was taken in wrong mode.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
On the latest Webcat version? I only see an icon with short press support, am I missing something?

Did you abandon the idea of the split view Llelectronics? I was using it relatively often.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hi llectronics,

maybe this is already known (or I am the only one affected)?
At least I am not aware this was mentioned:
when opening webcat in portrait mode the frames are not aligned according to the site layout. This is happening to me not only.for this version but at least for the last (few) one(s), too.

If I switch to portrait everything is fine again and also for landscape. But it starts again with a new tab/window.

It is the same when started in portrait (see second screenshot). Tilting to landscape and back to portrait fixes it.

Please.see.the.screenshots...

... which I cannot add as pressing 'Manage attachments' directs me to http://newattachment.php/?t=92356&po...c4f2ba6d243d21

I just used --set-default a minute before.
Is there an option --unset-default?
Attached Images

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2018-07-17 at 12:01. Reason: added screenies (and infos)

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Is the following the issue you are describing?

I believe this is an issue with QtWebkit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Yes this is a qtwebkit issue specific to SailfishOS as I need to workaround the issue that Device Pixel Ratio is set to 1.0 all the time.

Is there an option --unset-default?
It is called --reset-default

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Update: Version 3.0.2 is out now.

This version focusses on fixing bugs again and introducing a speedier way to switch tabs.
First of all for all keyboard lovers out there I added some new keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch between tabs. The usual Ctrl+T / Ctrl+ N and Ctrl+W shortcuts from desktop browsers should also now work.

For touchscreen only users there is a new way switching tabs by swiping on the expanded toolbar when a website has loaded you can swipe left and right on the urtitle and if the swipe distance is long enough the tab/gotoButton will show an error indicating that you will go a tab backwards or forward when letting go.

In terms of bugfix I fixed a pretty nasty bug in the filemanager causing data loss when using the cut option and it fails. (deleting the source file)
Filepicker is now again able to pick files :P
Quickscroll in landscape mode also got some fine tuning.

You can find the new version on openrepos.net

Changelog
  • Make quickscroll area smaller, appear after bigger threshold, and don't react on pressed
  • fine tune extraThreshold for landscape quickscroll
  • Disable some debug output
  • Fixed moving of files (causing loss of data) in filemanager
  • Fixed filepicker not able to select files
  • Faster tab switching
  • Don't loose keyboard shortcuts on tab switch / creating new Tab
  • Add function to get nextTab and prevTab
  • Added shortcut for quick tab switching ctrl+tab & ctrl+shift+tab
  • hide tabBar and bookmarkList before switching tab
  • Open Filemanager immediate and don't perform animation when entering about:file
  • Add more keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+W - Close, Ctrl+T - New Tab, Ctrl+N - New Window, Escape - Stop)
  • Allow swiping on urlTitle (only visible after website loaded completely) to switch tabs
  • Use threshold value resolution dependent for back/forward swipes on minimized toolbar
  • Fix highlighted tab not filling whole width with highlight

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
what is the future of webcat front the powerful SF3 webEngine?

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-10-04 at 23:44.

Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
what is the future of webcat front the powerful SF3 webEngine?
Read this with a grain of salt, since I have only read the Webcat sources once while preparing an Enhancement PR for Keyboard Shortcuts. Only llelectronics can give a definitive answer for this and I'd guess that he would have to see the implementation shipped with SFOS3 first to do that.

With that out of the way:
I think porting the most basic browser functions should be possible without too much of a problem (technical, not time-wise).
But (of course there's a "but") I've seen numerous optimizations and deeper integrations/options which either don't have a direct equivalent in Qt WebEngine or at least would have to be rewritten and, of course, tested. This is not a small task. One option may be to first strip them out to at least have a working, but comparatively incomplete, browser in a shorter amount of time.
Another would be a rewrite of every option that's still possible to do before releasing.

I'd guess that even the "short route" would still take quite a while.

Also, I haven't heard which incarnation of WebEngine will be included in SFOS3 – some useful features have been included in later versions. Either way, it's a more recent rendering engine, but to compare:
WebEngine from standard Qt 5.9.6 (I think I remember SFOS3 having Qt 5.9) is comparable to Chromium 56 from January 2017. Let's hope it's not older than that.

cheers!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Update: Version 3.0.3 is out now

Mainly a bugfix release which makes the browser being able to be set via mimer as default browser more easily.
Also included is a nice commit that allows you to switch between BB10 like keyboard shortcuts or use the more desktop pc like shortcuts (especially useful on the gemini pda I would say)
  • searchText: Hide on Esc; Focus Webview on hide and search
  • urlText: support modifier .com/.net/.org shortcuts; merge code duplication
  • added*hw keyboard switch setting + overview page (switch between BB10 like shortcuts or desktop browser shortcuts) [Thanks to jgibbon for this awesome work]
  • urlText: focus webview on escape
  • bookmarks: hide on escape
  • Renamed open-url-webcat to harbour-webcat-open-url + set icon theme and add german translation + use x-scheme-handler for *
    mimetypes (allows setting webcat as default browser in mimer again)
  • Workaround to allow registering harbour-webcat-open-url as http/https handler in the mime database
  • Only copy over dbus service file if necessary
  • Updated translations (Polish, Swedish, French, Spanish)

As always you can get the new version on openrepos.net

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Australia
Hi All,

I have recently had a problem with my Xperia X, running Sailfish 3.0.0.5.

Following a recent update of the webcat browser it seemed to make itself the default application for opening url links from emails.

I use webcat as an alternative browser but still wish to use the native browser as the default.

I have tried the following:
- I installed the application mimer: however, this fails to open the link if the browser is already open, which for me is almost always. It only brings the browser to the foreground.
- I tried uninstalling mimer both after resetting and without resetting.
- I tried uninstalling webcat.
- I tried reboots after all the above.

I am unable to get the default behaviour back. I cannot press a link in the email client and have it open in the default browser!

What has happened? Very frustrating!
Can anyone provide some advise or assistance?

Thanks so much!
Justin.

Tags
browser, webbrowser