Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Same problem here

Anyone tryed to flash rebble FW and than connect rockpool?

I am "thinking" about doing this, I dont have much to loose as watch is semi working with Jolla -- showing time and reminding me about calls. That's it, nothing more, I even don't have any watchfaces backup and can swap only between stock

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Just found reddit page with backup of pebble app store:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pebble/comm...the_app_store/

There is also page with tips about local configurable apps:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pebble/comm...our_favourite/

Haven't explored anything, yet.

I also connected my watch to android phone and updated with rebble 4.4.0 FW and later went back to rockpool, which successfully downgraded FW back to 4.3 :P

Need to test those damn watchfaces ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Hmm, the Rockpool master has Rebble support since 2 months already (1.6-1), but no release in OpenRepos. Anyone willing to try and build it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Ah, abranson uses OBS, so there are already built packages there:

https://build.merproject.org/package...sitory=armv7hl

Seems to be working... without the login and sub-pages (like All most loved watchfaces). At least more usable than before.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2018-11-11 at 14:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
I notice that if I receive a call from a contact, the Pebble shows the contact name, but if it's from someone else it just shows "incoming call". Would it be possible to have it display the number, or is that something that would need to be changed on the Pebble side instead?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
I am just trying to setup my Pebble Time Round (4.4.0) with Rockpool (1.6.1) on Sailfish (3.0.1.11) for Gemini PDA.
Pairing works if I connect to the "non-LE" occurrence of my pebble in the bluetooth devices, and confirm the pairing on the gemini first, and then on the pebble.

I can get apps and watchfaces from the rebble store, but login sends me to an old getpebble-URL
the URI from boot.rebble.io is not recognized on my device.

Great job on making this work!
any chance that the login can work?

cheers and thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakob For This Useful Post:
I had a bit of a plan to try and worm my way around he current issue of the settings pages for apps not allowing any input (thus rendering lots of apps useless as there's no way to, for example, login to Twitter via the webview).

I spent yesterday using my watch with an Android phone and configuring all the apps I would want - I then pulled all of the configurations from Android and have been left with a few directories that look very similar to the ones in ~/.local/share/rockpoold, however the directories are differently named (we have apps/ rather than app_jskit_installed_apps/ for example).

There's a folder in the Android directory named app_webview which seems to have all of the cookies related to the settings pages, would I be correct to assume if I copied these to the correct place in ~/.local/share/rockpoold I would have some automagically configured apps?

EDIT: Been working on this, probably a lot more than I should. The Android app Gadgetbridge seems to have a workaround for this, where it opens the settings pages in your regular browser then expects you to copy in the pebblejs:// url into the app. Maybe there could be a way to do this from Rockpool?

I've tried following some of the settings page url's in the standard browser, doing the configuration bits, then copying the ~/.mozilla/mozembed/ contents over to ~/.cache/rockpool/.mozilla/ but again not having much luck.

Any other crazy little hacks we could try? I'm sure something must work!

Last edited by Piece_Maker; 2019-03-22 at 18:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Piece_Maker For This Useful Post:
Hi, is there a way how to send notification to pebble? I think via dbus, but not to know how. Many thanks for your answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to drnest For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Hmm, the Rockpool master has Rebble support since 2 months already (1.6-1), but no release in OpenRepos. Anyone willing to try and build it?
How does rebble support work? I have a Pebble Time Steel now (and my Pebble steel, which is half broken) and would like to start configure things (language e.g.). Calendar sync and notfications ist working fine.

After start (previous owner has factory reset it) it installs fw4.3 fine but no chance to create a rebble account or even use that login. I am using 1.7.1 from the mentioned repo.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
It seems to me that the browser used by rockpool doesn't have js activated. Otherwise it would recognise switches and buttons and - most important - create the pebblejs uri that the framework of the watchface or -app is expecting on exit.

Tags
pebble, smartwatch